Pre-Game Talk: Sound Tigers (ISLANDERS) @ Wolf Pack (RONGOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Looking forward to Boulton and Tanner Glass squaring off.

Let's Go BST!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Isles vs Rangers

11243917_10206705256492262_4356782001351681149_n.jpg

IIlya4Life

Jun 6, 2014
Sad to have to say this, but the loser of tonight's game may actually end up being the winner. Both teams would be better off losing this one.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Maybe give Gibson his second start tonight? Strait on the first pairing and 1st PK pairing? Strome centering the first line and give jt the night off? D pinching on every opportunity?

IIlya4Life

Jun 6, 2014
Until the possibility of home ice is gone, winning is all I want.....and I always want to beat the rags, hoping to lose is just bad for karma

While I agree; a matchup vs the panthers in round 1 and then the winner of a Tampa team without two of their best players or Detroit/Boston in round 2 is much much more attractive than:

Starting off at pitt round one who is probably the hottest team in the league and then a 2nd round matchup vs. Washington who may be the best team in the entire league.

Pretty clear finishing as the first wild card (7th seed) is by far our best shot to make a run in the playoffs.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Sad to have to say this, but the loser of tonight's game may actually end up being the winner. Both teams would be better off losing this one.

You're probably right but it's not in me to want to lose. If there's still a chance to get home ice in the playoffs you have to go for it. Besides, trying to position yourself to a particular playoff matchup usually blows up in your face.

Obligatory Herman Edwards:
herm-edwards.jpg

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
While I agree; a matchup vs the panthers in round 1 and then the winner of a Tampa team without two of their best players or Detroit/Boston in round 2 is much much more attractive than:

Starting off at pitt round one who is probably the hottest team in the league and then a 2nd round matchup vs. Washington who may be the best team in the entire league.

Pretty clear finishing as the first wild card (7th seed) is by far our best shot to make a run in the playoffs.

I understand.
How about home ice against a division opponent we know well, missing Maata, malkin and fleury, who has fired all their bullets down the stretch and are worn out for playoffs, with a second round against philly, who went seven games in an intense physical and emotional series knocking off the heavy favorites. As opposed to a big,heavy team that matches up well against us, who has home ice with a nice mix of vets and youth, and has beaten us 4 of last 5.
Just play well down the stretch and let the cards fall as they may, never know how things turn out

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I understand.
How about home ice against a division opponent we know well, missing Maata, malkin and fleury, who has fired all their bullets down the stretch and are worn out for playoffs, with a second round against philly, who went seven games in an intense physical and emotional series knocking off the heavy favorites. As opposed to a big,heavy team that matches up well against us, who has home ice with a nice mix of vets and youth, and has beaten us 4 of last 5.
Just play well down the stretch and let the cards fall as they may, never know how things turn out

i concur with this....i know there are no advanced stats for this, but Mr. Mo(mentum) is a real thing

denis

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There are no easy opponents in the playoffs. Play to win now, period, or you risk seriously pissing off the hockey gods.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
i concur with this....i know there are no advanced stats for this, but Mr. Mo(mentum) is a real thing

I'm not so sure that Mo carries over to the playoffs. Just the most recent example, last year Ottawa had the hottest finish ever, then lost their first 3 playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad