Friedman: Soshnikov on the move soon?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Soshnikov and a 5th for Glendenening

I’d really like to hold onto Soshnikov. I’d rather trade off JVR and others before Soshnikov/Kapanen/Leivo.

Really you'd rather trade JVR than Sosh? I like Sosh but lets be honest, he's probably never going to make the NHL due to his injury history, even if he does make the NHL he's a 4th line guy he is replaceable

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Really you'd rather trade JVR than Sosh? I like Sosh but lets be honest, he's probably never going to make the NHL due to his injury history, even if he does make the NHL he's a 4th line guy he is replaceable
I’d rather trade JVR simply because he could bring in a nice return. I was for trading Bozak as well but I think we need him for a playoff push. I have no problem dealing JVR though as I believe we have players that can replace some of his offense. I’d give Brown his spot and then replace Brown with Kapanen/Soshnikov/Johnsson/Leivo.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Small but plays physical.

Great shot.

Average hands. Doesn't carry the puck much.

Good PK winger.

He is very capable of playing in the NHL.

I would be happy with a 4th round pick.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I would like him in NYR. I want to build a completely new, cohesive 4th line for the future that has speed, forechecks hard, plays physical (not necessarily heavy just with grit) and can potentially chip in a little offense if they get some chemistry. Soshnikov could definitely by 1/3 of that. Especially considering the Rangers are going to be selling and ought to have many picks this year as well as roster holes that need plugging, I would happily part with a mid round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad