Friedman: Soshnikov on the move soon?

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
On HNIC tonight, Elliotte Friedman says that he believes Soshnikov's AHL conditioning stint is about showcasing him to other teams and he could be moved before or shortly after the assignment is done.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Soshnikov and Leivo for Letestu and Platzer?

Oilers could use a couple fresh faces on the wing.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
He's not bad at all. 4th liner with speed. Plays gritty. I'd take a mid round pick for him. I'd like to see some of our younger players get a shot over him at this point.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
It's soshnikov....Really isnt that big of a deal or news. Maybe a potential solid 4th liner. Thats it

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I've been talking about this for a while but Florida could really use a Sosh/Leivo type of winger. Someone who doesn't cost too much and has potential to produce some when given more responsibility. They have to try and make up for the loss of Marchessault/Smith somehow and they've got the centers to turn some young players into good ones.

Vrbata has been a poor signing and their winger depth in general sucks.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Soshnikov and a 5th for Glendenening

I’d really like to hold onto Soshnikov. I’d rather trade off JVR and others before Soshnikov/Kapanen/Leivo.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I've been talking about this for a while but Florida could really use a Sosh/Leivo type of winger. Someone who doesn't cost too much and has potential to produce some when given more responsibility. They have to try and make up for the loss of Marchessault/Smith somehow and they've got the centers to turn some young players into good ones.

I agree we need depth wingers but we do have Mamin now who plays a lot like Sosh. Malgin is doing fine as a stopgap top 6 winger so I think Tallon will sit tight, we get Lu and Reimer back next week, we maybe ship out Vrbata or Sceviour at trade deadline and bring up more prospects. We're 7 pts out but have 2-3 games in hand on teams in front of us. Sosh isn't a player that would change much or come close to replacing Marchessault or Smith.
On a 3 game win streak with an easy stretch in the schedule, we will wait until deadline to decide if we're buyers or sellers.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I would love both Sosh and Leivo in Buffalo. They are both fun to watch, are cheap, and I think have far more potential than they have been allowed to show in Toronto.

willyjones

May 30, 2013

Could the leafs add on to either sosh or leivo for psysk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad