NESN Sophia Jurksztowicz Joins NESN As New Bruins Rinkside Reporter

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You call it how you see it and I’ll do the same. I allowed for a woman that has played the game at a high level to fill the position, though personally, I don’t prefer it. My prior comments weren’t sexist.

There is no BS in saying a person that hasn’t played the game shouldn’t be commenting/advising or providing insight on it. Give me any number of former players that spit and stutter, gap-toothed, through their informed assessments over someone who hasn’t laced them up professionally (male or female).

Here is a small blurb about Sophie. It lists the sports she’s played....do you see hockey?

Sophia Jurksztowicz —

Nope. She loves the game....so do I....so do you. So what? I love beer....doesn’t make me a master brewer. Maybe I start my own blog and talk about it. That’s up to me. Should the Brewers Association hire me to promote craft brewing to their prospective audience when I haven’t ever brewed a beer? Or are they better off finding a retired professional that know what the Hell he talking about?

Pretty sound logic, right? So what are we left with? A good looking girl that loves the game on TV. I wish her well, but not my preference in this application.

Holy hell this is just a horrificly bad take.

People don't have to have played a sport, whether recreationally or professionally, to have good opinions, or know what they're talking about.

Do analytics people not matter because they crunch numbers to evaluate players, instead of having played the game and evaluate that way? The league sure as f*** doesn't think so, they're hiring them in droves.

It's almost like someone who is passionate about hockey, especially when their job involves it, is going to take the time to really learn the game. What a novel concept.

Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad