NESN Sophia Jurksztowicz Joins NESN As New Bruins Rinkside Reporter

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sophia Jurksztowicz (Yurk-shto-vitch) has been named NESN Bruins Rinkside Reporter.

sophia-jurksztowicz.jpg

Since 2007, Sophia has worked with various sports broadcasting companies, including theScore, Rogers Sportsnet, CBC News Network and Hockey Night in Canada. She has served as a sports reporter and performed live updates in-studio and in-the-field reporting covering NHL, NBA and MLB stories.

“We’re very excited to have Sophia join NESN,” said Rick Jaffe, VP of Programming & Production. “She brings a wealth of hockey knowledge and understanding of the game to our broadcasts.” Sophia was recently a host for the NHLPA’s special features with NHL players in collaboration with other NHLPA partner brands. As a broadcaster, journalist and producer at Rogers Sportsnet, Sophia was a social media expert for Hockey Night in Canada.

Last month, she served as a reporter for CBC’s national coverage in Canada for the FINA World Aquatics Championships in South Korea. Previously, Sophia was a sports reporter for CITY TV working as a sports reporter and host for the 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 11 p.m. news. And at theScore Television Network, Sophia worked as a sports reporter doing field and studio work covering the Toronto Maple Leafs. Sophia begins at NESN on Monday, Aug. 26.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm not that familiar with her work, other than Coach's Corner, but offhand I think it's a good hire.

I just checked her Instagram and she's really into fitness, which I admire, especially the jump rope.

Reactions: jangerhofer

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Ditto on the KT comments. This Sophia lady knows who to emulate.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What is it about this position that makes so many people have a negative outlook? She was hired today lol. Jamie dumped us guys, she ain't coming back. We just have to come to terms with that.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
If the new girl is good to @Fenway and the other folks at NESN I won't complain too much.

I still think the position needs to be eliminated and not just in hockey. Sideline reporters don't add a thing to the telecast.
I disagree. I don't think they add much to the broadcast during play, but between periods and during pre and post-game, they can get insight from players that the booth guys really can't get. (even if that "insight" is often pretty bland)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad