Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
You make a good point but it all adds up, no free online (ps plus) with PS Now either, Xbox has it included with gamepass.

Tbh, if you only play multiplatforms like the majority of gamers, I can't see PlayStation having much appeal anymore outside of brand loyalty. I'm probably selling it off after I'm done with demons souls.
Yeah this isn’t true at all :laugh: A year of PlayStation Now and PS+ is $120. A year of XBox game pass Ultimate is....$120. It’s just that Xbox rolled it into one price, it’s not “included” in anything. PSN has it separated. They’re the same price annually, though. PlayStation has the vastly superior library of exclusives which is why it’s vastly more popular.

Reactions: Khelandros

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Ah
Yeah this isn’t true at all :laugh: A year of PlayStation Now and PS+ is $120. A year of XBox game pass Ultimate is....$120. It’s just that Xbox rolled it into one price, it’s not “included” in anything. PSN has it separated. They’re the same price annually, though. PlayStation has the vastly superior library of exclusives which is why it’s vastly more popular.
ah, that makes sense actually.

Well, well see how this gen goes. I predict Xbox will massively outperform last gen in NA and Europe. Their pricing is extremely aggressive and gamepasses popularity is pretty massive at this point.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Well, they did last generation, certainly.

As far as the price though, if you buy the Xbox with financing, $25 per month for the S or $35 per month for the X, that price INCLUDES Xbox Live Ultimate.

So for $35 bucks a month, you're not only paying the principle on a lease-to-own console, you're basically getting Xbox Live Ultimate for free along the way too.

Honestly, if you can get the financing plan for an Xbox S or Xbox X in your area, you'd be silly not too. They're basically just throwing free shit at you and helping you fit it into your cash-flow.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well, they did last generation, certainly.

As far as the price though, if you buy the Xbox with financing, $25 per month for the S or $35 per month for the X, that price INCLUDES Xbox Live Ultimate.

So for $35 bucks a month, you're not only paying the principle on a lease-to-own console, you're basically getting Xbox Live Ultimate for free along the way too.

Honestly, if you can get the financing plan for an Xbox S or Xbox X in your area, you'd be silly not too. They're basically just throwing free shit at you and helping you fit it into your cash-flow.

$35*24=$840. A series X is $499 and 2 years of game pass at $15 per month would be $360. It’s about $20 in savings unless I’m missing something. Still, pretty brilliant. Who doesn’t want the newest console for only $35 paid today?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
$35*24=$840. A series X is $499 and 2 years of game pass at $15 per month would be $360. It’s about $20 in savings unless I’m missing something. Still, pretty brilliant. Who doesn’t want the newest console for only $35 paid today?

You're right, made a mistake on the math.

Still a good deal though.

Reactions: tucker3434

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Interest and admin fees. Who finances a console?

Reactions: The Nuge

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
There's nothing wrong with financing. Financing gets a bad rap because of people that finance things (with interest) when they can't afford, and some people who finance basically everything they own. There's also predatory "no interest for 1/2 years" financing schemes that accrue interest during the "no interest" period and hit you with all of it if you haven't paid it off by the end.

That's the stuff that gives it a bad rap. Theres plenty of zero interest financing options that are far better than buying stuff upfront.

I'm pretty sure most americans finance their phones with no interest since carrier subsidies got eliminated. Carrier subsidies still exist in Canada so it's still common here to just get a phone with a contract.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
There's nothing wrong with financing. Financing gets a bad rap because of people that finance things (with interest) when they can't afford, and some people who finance basically everything they own. There's also predatory "no interest for 1/2 years" financing schemes that accrue interest during the "no interest" period and hit you with all of it if you haven't paid it off by the end.

That's the stuff that gives it a bad rap. Theres plenty of zero interest financing options that are far better than buying stuff upfront.

I'm pretty sure most americans finance their phones with no interest since carrier subsidies got eliminated. Carrier subsidies still exist in Canada so it's still common here to just get a phone with a contract.
No they don't. It's all finance now.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
No they don't. It's all finance now.
That must be recent, regardless, the point still stands. There are plenty of good zero interest financing options out there that are smarter than buying outright.

That said, if you can't afford it outright, you obviously shouldn't be financing.

Reactions: Khelandros

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Gamestop should be getting more consoles tomorrow for those still looking to pre order. Apparently in store only so keep that in mind.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Gamestop should be getting more consoles tomorrow for those still looking to pre order. Apparently in store only so keep that in mind.
Where did you hear this? Legit source? My wife volunteered to go while I was at work, but I don’t want her standing outside the store if she doesn’t have to. She already did it once the day after they went live early :laugh:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Where did you hear this? Legit source? My wife volunteered to go while I was at work, but I don’t want her standing outside the store if she doesn’t have to. She already did it once the day after they went live early :laugh:

People in the comments saying they confirmed it with their local gamestop

twotonfrankie1

Sep 22, 2020
Make sure you get to your gamestop at least at midnight the night before or you wont be getting one from there. I'll just keep clicking reload on the websites. I don't really care if it takes me a couple extra months to get.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Make sure you get to your gamestop at least at midnight the night before or you wont be getting one from there. I'll just keep clicking reload on the websites. I don't really care if it takes me a couple extra months to get.

Anybody who camps out at midnight for either of these consoles is out of their minds. Each one is in the running for the worst launch lineup of all time.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I think people are overhyping the scarcity of it. 10-15 million units are being manufactured year 1, there will absolutely be plenty even without pre-ordering. The only scarcity that would be created is from 1) scalpers, or almost equally 2) people buying into the "there's no ps5s available" hysteria and panic buying one they don't even really want to play for a few months until the game they want is out

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Anybody who camps out at midnight for either of these consoles is out of their minds. Each one is in the running for the worst launch lineup of all time.

The PS4 launch line up was far worse. At least there are a few top quality big name games coming in Miles Morales and Dark Souls to start. PS4 had nothing that big if I recall. 2021 could also be one of the best ever for a first year as well. Off the top of my head some big games (possibly) coming out are Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy 16, God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West. If that holds true, that's a pretty great first year. But it is true. Actual launches never really have much of anything which is why if someone is patient, wait a year or so when more games are released. lol

I think people are overhyping the scarcity of it. 10-15 million units are being manufactured year 1, there will absolutely be plenty even without pre-ordering. The only scarcity that would be created is from 1) scalpers, or almost equally 2) people buying into the "there's no ps5s available" hysteria and panic buying one they don't even really want to play for a few months until the game they want is out

Well, 10-15 million is their goal anyways. We will see moving forward. But the first batch was always going to sell out no matter what. That's why it's better to wait if you aren't in a rush. I got a digital version of the PS5 but just stumbled upon it and got lucky. I've always waited. If you think I'm going to try a thousand sites or camp out. Screw that. lol

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
For anyone that preordered through Game Stop, have you received a confirmation email yet?

I got through and got a confirmation code that still works when I “Check My Order” on their website but my credit card still hasn’t been charged so I’m growing weary.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
is it better to download games off the ps store instead of shelling out 70-80 bucks for a digital disk...? im still debating. before i commit to maybe getting one and preordering tmr.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Oh boy, just snagged one. Shoppers drug mart of all places had pre-orders go live at 6 EST and their page is finally working. Every step of the way it said out of stock, then I would refresh and it would let me move on. Just got my confirmation email though, so I hope I'm good.
last week me and my friend tried to go through but the website was overloaded with traffic!!! gonnna try again tmr at 7am our time LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad