Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You think there'll be more mid-tier games on PS5 like there were on PS3/360? I mean stuff like The Saboteur, Alpha Protocol, Prototype, Red Faction, Enslaved, Dragon's Dogma, Sleeping Dogs, dozens of racing games like Blur or Motorstorm or Midnight Club, etc.

They really helped drive down game prices in that generation I feel and made it easy to find lots to play.

Noooooooooo.

The increased expense of developing 4K assets is going to further eat away at that mid-tier.

You’re either going to have games with AAA budgets, or small downloadable indies, and very little in between.

On the plus side, given that both companies are pushing digital-only platforms, I think you can look forward to even more online sales and promotions.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Noooooooooo.

The increased expense of developing 4K assets is going to further eat away at that mid-tier.

You’re either going to have games with AAA budgets, or small downloadable indies, and very little in between.

On the plus side, given that both companies are pushing digital-only platforms, I think you can look forward to even more online sales and promotions.
Nah, there's plenty of good looking budget games

Destory All Humans, Plague Tale, Senuas Sacrifice, A way out, Snake Pass, Rocket League, I don't know if the surge games were full price at launch or not but they're budget games now and they look stunning.

With UE4 and big publishers funding Indies, there's a lot more good looking non full price gamesthan you think.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
If you say so. Mine sounds like a rocket is taking off no matter what.

Mine also sounds like a rocket taking off during certain parts in games. They say the ps5 is much quieter. I guess we will see.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
My conspiracy about the size is that they made it larger than it needs to be so they can release a slim version which gets a sale boost a couple years down the line or whenever because I doubt they do the same thing again with the regular vs Pro version big difference which they did with PS4 (outside of a possible storage upgrade like when they went from PS3 Fat -> Slim).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You think there'll be more mid-tier games on PS5 like there were on PS3/360? I mean stuff like The Saboteur, Alpha Protocol, Prototype, Red Faction, Enslaved, Dragon's Dogma, Sleeping Dogs, dozens of racing games like Blur or Motorstorm or Midnight Club, etc.

They really helped drive down game prices in that generation I feel and made it easy to find lots to play.

There were a lot of those games on PS4 but they were the same price as everything else. Publishers will charge whatever they can get away with.

Jul 7, 2009
Not sure if this has been asked or brought up in this tread, but for anyone who preordered through Walmart Canada, was your card charged? Used my credit card, but it has not been charged any amount yet.

Says the status of my order is in progress, and I have an expected date of pickup as well when looking at the order on my account.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Not sure if this has been asked or brought up in this tread, but for anyone who preordered through Walmart Canada, was your card charged? Used my credit card, but it has not been charged any amount yet.

Says the status of my order is in progress, and I have an expected date of pickup as well when looking at the order on my account.
You'll get charged when its shipped if the order went through.

Reactions: DatsyukOwns

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

Most stores do not charge you until it has been shipped. Walmart, Amazon for sure don't. I refuse to buy from any store that charges you before something is shipped as sometimes it can be a hassle. lol.

Reactions: DatsyukOwns

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Anyone know when this next batch of preorders starts? Is it at midnight or some time during the day tomorrow?

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
There were a lot of those games on PS4 but they were the same price as everything else. Publishers will charge whatever they can get away with.

I'm not talking about publisher prices, that's for people that pay full price. I'm talking about used game prices. The used game prices for physical copies never dropped as low as it was on the 7th gen for reasons including:

- Less selection of those B-tier games saturating the market
-More people buying digital so less physical copies on the market to begin with
-Likely higher demand
-It also helped that during 7th gen, we had a bunch of stores like HMV or Blockbuster or Rogers stores in Canada going out of business and selling their stock for cheap as retail's physical presence shrank.

I'm honestly shocked looking back how many physical PS3 games I was able to get for under $10 or $20 BEFORE the PS4 even came out.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
oh thats so dumb. So even the backwards compatible version wont import your save file? So, so, dumb.
Being backwards compatible doesn't mean they are the same game. I had a Witcher 3 save file, then bought the GOTY Witcher 3 and save files didn't carry over. Considered 2 different games. Jumping systems would make it it's own standalone game, with no cross save function.

Reactions: robertmac43

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Being backwards compatible doesn't mean they are the same game. I had a Witcher 3 save file, then bought the GOTY Witcher 3 and save files didn't carry over. Considered 2 different games. Jumping systems would make it it's own standalone game, with no cross save function.

That's not how it worked on Xbox.

If you had a save for a BC game on 360, cloud saved it, you could download it and use it in game on the Xbox One.

Now, remasters are something different.

For example, I can't use my Xbox 360 Skyrim save files with the remastered edition of Skyrim released on Xbox One. I can only use them if I play the 360 version of Skyrim on my Xbox One.

Honestly, it really shouldn't be that hard for Miles Morales to just import progress from a PS4 save. Even if you couldn't PLAY that save and you had to start at the beginning of the game, at least get through the opening cinematic/mission and have all the icons on the map filled.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

While not Canada, I ordered an Xbox Series X from Walmart today in the states and my card was charged.

I ordered my PS5 from GameStop last week and still haven’t gotten a confirmation email but I did get a confirmation code after checking out. My card hasn’t been charged.

So who the hell knows.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
$30 going to make or break for you?
You make a good point but it all adds up, no free online (ps plus) with PS Now either, Xbox has it included with gamepass.

Tbh, if you only play multiplatforms like the majority of gamers, I can't see PlayStation having much appeal anymore outside of brand loyalty. I'm probably selling it off after I'm done with demons souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad