Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I got some PS4 oldies but goldies this weekend. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and InFAMOUS Second Son. I've only played the games for a couple of hours. Anybody got any beginners tips?

Super fun games. If you, like me got the PS4 pretty late and have missed these early games I totally reccomend getting them as they're really cheap too. Any other old games I should check out?
My main advice here would be to punt Second Son immediately

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
That black friday deal was so damn good, I really regret not buying it even if I didn't need it.
My main advice here would be to punt Second Son immediately
Its a decent game, got a few problems, but I just hate the lighting so damn much. I get its going for something, but having the screen go dark constantly because you pointed the camera the wrong direction is really tiresome

2497368-7665411821-Infam.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Yeah the game's pretty much unplayable half the time when it's night. My favourite part for that is the fight when you're getting the neon powers. Drain all the signs to rob Fetch of her power! Then have no way of knowing where anything in the two floor theatre you're in is!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So you can now play ps4 games on IOS via the remoteplay app. Anyone try it?

The Vita died for this.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Downloaded Modern Warfare remastered from PS Plus. I played the shit out of the COD4 back in the day.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Been messing around with remote play. I gotta say it’s pretty damn good. Even having my PS4 use wireless and my iPad barely any delay at all.

Now once I start to download a game...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Downloaded Modern Warfare remastered from PS Plus. I played the **** out of the COD4 back in the day.

I have played far too much of this game since last week.... Not proud but it is still so much fun!

Made me nostalgic to the point where I have gotten the PS3 out of hibernation to play through all the campaign from COD 4 until BO2 again. Should be a good time!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Does anyone have a PS4 Pro that makes strange noises? I'm not talking the fan going crazy or the casing expanding as it gets hot when it's turned on, mine just made a noise that sounded like... you know in movies when they're exploring ruins and find something old and valuable, then it breaks suddenly and falls to the ground, partially dust but still in many bits? It was a noise like that. It's still working fine as I type this, but that was a loud and scary noise that I'm pretty sure was from the PS4.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Does anyone have a PS4 Pro that makes strange noises? I'm not talking the fan going crazy or the casing expanding as it gets hot when it's turned on, mine just made a noise that sounded like... you know in movies when they're exploring ruins and find something old and valuable, then it breaks suddenly and falls to the ground, partially dust but still in many bits? It was a noise like that. It's still working fine as I type this, but that was a loud and scary noise that I'm pretty sure was from the PS4.
That's one hell of a description.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
FTP game Path of Exile officially releasing on PS4 with the latest updated next Tuesday, 3/26

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
They HAVE to be intentionally slowing down the PS4 OS in preparation for ps5. It's gotten ridiculous after the last update.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Or its just an old ass console that wasn't even powerful when it came out 6 years ago
Okay but why would it slow down? They've added like no features to it.

I get the PS3 becoming a tortoise with all the features they added overtime but what are they doing to make the ps4 chug just navigating the OS?

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
PS4 and X1 have both been slow all generation, especially as more icons get added to the UI. PS4 has always been especially bad after you've been in the store for a while.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yea... I would advise also not...streaming... anything through their web browser. Obviously it wasn't fully meant for that but if you try to stream anything, your PS4 will lag and freeze consistently for alittle.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Anyone been keeping up with Outward? Was released today. $39.99. Looks pretty fun. They are calling it the dark souls of survival games. No leveling. No gaining skills automatically. You dont even start with mana. You are a typical person and have to venture forth to a mountain to get your mana. There is a map but it doesn't show you where you are. You need to use landmarks and your expiereince in the game to understand where you are.

It is made by a 10 man team. Early reviews are fantastic. People are amazed it was kept this quiet before released.

Outward

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Anyone been keeping up with Outward? Was released today. $39.99. Looks pretty fun. They are calling it the dark souls of survival games. No leveling. No gaining skills automatically. You dont even start with mana. You are a typical person and have to venture forth to a mountain to get your mana. There is a map but it doesn't show you where you are. You need to use landmarks and your expiereince in the game to understand where you are.

It is made by a 10 man team. Early reviews are fantastic. People are amazed it was kept this quiet before released.

Outward

Wow, that looks right up my alley. Can't believe I haven't heard of it before.

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Wow, that looks right up my alley. Can't believe I haven't heard of it before.
Yea man. Super close to getting it. Early reviews so far are around what you said. Can't believe they havent heard of this until now. There is a story to it also (not just survive). With online/splitscreen coop, you can play with a friend who can transfer their skills, items, etc back over to their account. Right now there is some question if the story will progress back over also.

Also this is released for PC, Xbox 1, & PS4.

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Yea man. Super close to getting it. Early reviews so far are around what you said. Can't believe they havent heard of this until now. There is a story to it also (not just survive). With online/splitscreen coop, you can play with a friend who can transfer their skills, items, etc back over to their account. Right now there is some question if the story will progress back over also.

Also this is released for PC, Xbox 1, & PS4.
I ordered it from Amazon for delivery Thursday. Looks enough like a game I'd love and the price is right, so I'll try it out.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I ordered it from Amazon for delivery Thursday. Looks enough like a game I'd love and the price is right, so I'll try it out.
Nice! I actually didn't know you can get physical copies of it. Going through bestbuy to get it for $32. Have a $20 gift card so... definitely going to get for $12 haha

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
My biggest hope with PS5 is that they bring back scheduled updates thatwwas in PS3 and they removed from PS4 for some unknown reason.

Always pisses me off that my ps4 is never up to date when I want to play something despite having PS Plus.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Playing God of War, finally, and the stories that Kratos tells Arteus while they're floating around the Lake of Nine are hilarious. Game is incredible in all aspects, btw, much like Horizon is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad