Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I dont know how this industry sustains itself. I have no idea what Days Gone is but apparently its a big deal. :huh:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
You could see it bombing from a mile away. The game looks so bland and boring it hurts, and most of the reviews negatives are about just that. Days Gone and Fallout 76 were the last 2 most obvious bombs.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Days Gone always looked bad and I was always surprised whenever they devoted serious time to talking about it. Then it completely disappeared for like 2 years so I wrote it off completely. I guess if anything it seems like it turned out better than I was expecting.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Looking like there's a rumor that Ubisoft is going to announce something related to the Tom Clancy series next week? Highly doubtful that it has anything to do with the Rainbow Six franchise since from my knowledge they are only looking at continuing developing/updating Siege for quite a while still. (I believe they even said they wanted to have at least 100 operators in the game). So, maybe we get something about Splinter Cell???

Edit: Doesn't appear to be Splinter Cell related

Damn, I'm all about not-preordering, but that's a pretty hot deal. Wonder if we'll get something similar for Amazon.ca.
Hopefully something pops up for you soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If they bring premium access to PS4 I'll be all over it. I'll probably end up buying this for a year and seeing how much I use it on PS4. I have Premium on PC and almost never play EA games, but I would play FIFA or Madden far more often if there was a substantial player base on PC for either game.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Bah, I'll be in transit at the time.

I don't really have a whole lot of interest in what Sony's offering but I do hope they can sway me.
Yeah I'm honestly not expecting much from this, but they may surprise me.
Which I JUST happened to remember while typing this. The Cyberpunk 2077 twitter page seemed to hint that they will have something with the Sony Play tomorrow.

I'm definitely going to try it for a year and see if I like it.

A guy at work who's on XBONE has it and he likes it quite a bit.

Looks like it varies on the game on how long new titles take to appear on there.
I may give it a shot as well, especially when only a 1 month deal is just $5, and if I enjoy it I'll possibly do the year

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I dont get all the Days Gone hate I've seek floating around everywhere. I've really been enjoying Days Gone. It has it's small bugs but it hasnt made me hate the game or stop playing.

It honestly feels like a t.v show and like it's broken up into seasons, with all these characters and mini subplots. I think I'm probably on like season 3 or 4, so maybe 3/4 finished.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I dont get all the Days Gone hate I've seek floating around everywhere. I've really been enjoying Days Gone. It has it's small bugs but it hasnt made me hate the game or stop playing.

It honestly feels like a t.v show and like it's broken up into seasons, with all these characters and mini subplots. I think I'm probably on like season 3 or 4, so maybe 3/4 finished.

I've only watched some of it played, but to me it looks like the first season or two are just really, really slow.

Seems like it gets really interesting later on, though.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Oh it definetly does. The story started off pretty slow but it really picks up when you get to the other settlements

The streamers I watched both nearly gave up in the first stage, and now love it. Obviously anecdotal, but when factoring in the low-ish scores it makes sense to suspect that the game is losing players with the slow start.

That was my take away, at any rate.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Which I JUST happened to remember while typing this. The Cyberpunk 2077 twitter page seemed to hint that they will have something with the Sony Play tomorrow.
Obviously the FF7 remake was hype but I don't have much nostalgia for that game, and none at all for MediEvil.

At this point I'm better off waiting for a PS5.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The streamers I watched both nearly gave up in the first stage, and now love it. Obviously anecdotal, but when factoring in the low-ish scores it makes sense to suspect that the game is losing players with the slow start.

That was my take away, at any rate.
I agree that it's not the greatest game ever but it looks beautiful and the acting is really good. Game play is nothing special but the story gets really good. I dont think this is like Last Of Us at all.

Riding around on the bike is really fun too. I've had a few fps drops (only when riding the bike a few times) but it's not the biggest deal

Its definetly worth a play

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

I may give it a shot as well, especially when only a 1 month deal is just $5, and if I enjoy it I'll possibly do the year

I had it on XB1 when I paid for a year of Gold, long since let that expire, but it wasn't because of EA Access - that was the best thing on XB1 by far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad