Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The PS5 is almost exactly a year away. $180 with the trade-in is potentially worth it. You can always sell it in a year anyways.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Do you guys think it's worth it to upgrade to PS4 pro. EB games has it for a rade in for $179. I have a gift that will bring it down for me to around $50. Just don't know if I should pull the trigger.

I actually traded in my OG PS4 for a PS4 Slim with Last Of Us/God of War/Horizon Zero Dawn for $11 this week. It was $89.99 with the trade in and I had a $90 GC so I only paid the $11 tax. My controller was reaching the end of it's life and I couldn't update COD without it complaining about hard drive space so for me it was a no brainer with the three games, new controller and double the HDD space.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I bought the slim bundle even though I played through God of War and Horizon when I had my pro.

I want to pick up where I left off for Horizon on the expansion but I can't upload my save files since I'm not a ps plus member. Which is bogus I think.

I only wanted the ps4 for Spiderman really.

Does anyone have any codes for ps plus trial I can use to access my saves?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Does anyone own the disk version of Catherine: Full Body? It seems as though there is no install necessary, and you just play the game directly from the disk? This might just be a PS4 novice question, but I've mostly played digital and all of the disks I've had have made me wait a little bit for something to be installed, but this is just working directly from the disk?

The main reason I am asking is that I wanted to load it to my system and make sure there were no problems, because when my package showed up, the disk inside the box was loose. There doesn't appear to be any damage or issues (it's running right now and I started a new game), so I'm sure it's fine, but I wouldn't mind some reassurance. I bought it from Best Buy, and I don't live close enough to go to a store (I don't own a car), so I imagine asking for a refund or replacement is a hassle because they'd want me to send the original back to them. Anyone have related experience with Best Buy? I guess I could just ask for an exchange and figure out a way to go to the store with a friend or something. However, they also sent me a steelbook edition even though I paid for a standard, so I'm thinking I should probably just not worry about it since it works fine seemingly.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thanks, never encountered it before, so good to have confirmation. I played the opening stage for a bit and it seems to work just fine, so I'm sure everything is ok with it. Seems like it's not worth bothering with Best Buy because I have no intention of trying to go to the physical store or mailing it back.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Vanquish really doesn't need a remaster. The PC port feels like a brand new game just at 1080p60fps.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I really like Sekiro but Demon of Hatred and Isshin sword saint are just waaaay too hard as final bosses. It's ridiculous

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd like playing Vanquish again if the movement was tightened up slightly. It's got really fun and original gameplay and I'd like to see more of it. The original game was really short.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
I really like Sekiro but Demon of Hatred and Isshin sword saint are just waaaay too hard as final bosses. It's ridiculous
Isshin was a great boss, difficult but fair. Demon of Hatred was complete bullshit but he's optional so whatever.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Isshin was a great boss, difficult but fair. Demon of Hatred was complete bull**** but he's optional so whatever.
I beat him pretty easily after beating the secret guardian ape boss fight, which gave me 2 prayer beads and a memory, allowing me 2 level ups.

I also realized holding block absolute drains the posture bar, which also made the fight much easier and allowed a lot more turtling. Don't know why the game doesn't say that but whatever.

Edit: also, I got the worst ending (because even though I googled a few things, I try to keep a playthrough as WikiLess as possible). You really see that twist ending coming from a mile away. New game+ feels pretty good.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For Canadians, Costco is selling 2 $50 PlayStation store cards for $90. Could be a decent Christmas present

Also, on the subject of the games award show, godfall looks so uncreative and corny. All these loot based fantasy games are all the same, snooze.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That's kind of awesome actually. A good solution to something if you wanted something similar to the Xbox Elite controller but no where near the price and want to stay with Sony products.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I thought that attachment was a joke the first time I saw it.

Two paddles? No trigger customization? No analog stick sensitivity customization? Come on Sony.

Its hilarious they’d rather just cheap out and provide this half-step than just deliver the elite controller so many PS4 owners have wanted for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad