Confirmed with Link: Sonny Milano to sign, forgo College

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Let me clarify that he can play in the ahl when his ohl season concludes. He may start in the ahl if he is 20 years old before January 1st.

I think he will regret this decision. He might be rushing his talent. Signing bonuses are hard to deny for amateur players. I hope I'm wrong and he will not regret this decision.

What reason or proof do you have for that opinion? There is no one to do things.

I don't mean this for you, but I have noticed that people seem to think everything other people do is wrong. That there is only one way to do things and that is the way they would do it. There are MANY ways to do EVERYTHING. Sonny isn't the first player to do this and he won't be the last.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
This seems to me like people are reading into this too much (particularly the Dispatch).

I'm sure Coach York is used to losing players to the CHL, potentially losing players to pro teams is part of any big college coach's job. Further, I could read the CBJ statement as standing on its own without any perceived animosity from BC. It's the truth. Both programs are excellent programs and the Jackets have abstained from influencing his decision.

Hopefully the indecision stops here and Milano has a productive CHL career (however long it may be) and then becomes a productive player for the CBJ for many years.

CBJWhaler

Jan 10, 2013
Livonia, Michigan
Sonny is going to spend 1 year in the OHL then move on to the AHL as a 19 year old. I think he will benefit greatly from the NHL style schedule. Just my opinion that and the fact that I am a Whalers season ticket holder.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Somewhat surprised by this move.

Predictions for point total at end of year, since he will be suing against younger competition

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Sonny is going to spend 1 year in the OHL then move on to the AHL as a 19 year old. I think he will benefit greatly from the NHL style schedule. Just my opinion that and the fact that I am a Whalers season ticket holder.

Another Whalers season ticket holder here. While this may seem biased, I think Milano did what was best both for his short term finances and for his hockey career. The CHL is a better place for top talent to develop than the NCAA, and Sonny will also get a nice signing bonus when he does sign that entry level contract. As CBJWhaler said, he will probably be in the AHL next season, which puts him a couple of years ahead in his development path compared to where he would be had he gone to Boston College.

Tom13Falcons

Aug 16, 2013
The kid is young therefore he can spend some extra time in the ahl working with the previous first rounders. I'm thinking he will join springfield after the fan ale of his OHL season or he may join the big club just to practice with the team. It's hard to project how he is going to do in the NHL at this point because he is so young.

The prospects in the organization have so much upside. I think that this could benefit him in some ways but it could also harm him.

I'm sure he will have a lot of ice time considering the bonus he got. Seems like Plymouth is trying to build around him this year. I'm definitely excited to see some video on this kid when he plays in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad