OT: Songs that you like, that you want to share?

May 27, 2012
Earth
This thread is where you can post songs that you like that may not be well known... that you think that should be shared with others.

Go!

Edit: Also post some songs that you think have a good choice of words and profound meaning. Obviously, songs have meanings, but ones that stand out to you.

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
Edit: Also post some songs that you think have a good choice of words and profound meaning. Obviously, songs have meanings, but ones that stand out to you.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Any rap or house fans, this song's awesome. GMV has under 20k subs and just dropped their first mixtape, fresh out of Vancouver. I think it's incredible considering how new they are and how unknown they are.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If you can stand the nasty language I've been into these tracks a lot lately, with the second being on of the few songs that gives me hope for hip hop.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
and for hip-hop

and the man that should have been the face of Bad Boy

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Meastro Fresh Wes :laugh:

Haven't heard him for a long time. While I don't listen to much hip hop anymore, I liked his song God Bless The Child.

Anyone into death/heavy metal or punk? I could use some recommendations. Or anyone into folk, country or Jazz? Id like to hear some good recommendations as well!

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
^Loved that Metric song. Had never heard it actually.

All of these YT links are starting to break the thread. :laugh: So... why not add some more?

Lil Ugly Mane/Shawn Kemp really doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Some of his material just defies definition. He plain does not give a F.

Last edited:

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

Haven't heard him for a long time. While I don't listen to much hip hop anymore, I liked his song God Bless The Child.

Anyone into death/heavy metal or punk? I could use some recommendations. Or anyone into folk, country or Jazz? Id like to hear some good recommendations as well!

Edit: YouTube embeds aren't working for me right now, so I'll just post the links.

Not sure how you feel about thrash. This is a good song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuYkcQ3FJtM

Weird, black metal-ish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Dyaoq_oSA

Slayer - I've met a lot of metal fans who think they suck, so this is a gamble, but I figured I'd throw it up here anyways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVArsEEjok

Technical death/brutal death:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ7XLcagmmU

50MissionCap

Old Poison
Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Folk? I'm your man.

Depends what you really want out of it. A lot of music can be considered folk music, and there's varying degrees of it too. I know several good tunes (and a few interesting artists), so if you ever want to talk folk, just give me a shout.

If you want baseline folk, like, pure or early kind, Woody Guthrie is the man. Cisco Houston is also quite a good singer and songwriter, he's got more of a powerful voice than Woody. You're more likely to find more material from Woody than Cisco, since Cisco's career was far shorter than Woody's (and he never quite got the recognition).

These guys are probably the best early starting points, but if you really want, we can explore and find some neat artists (even some Canadians, if you wish).

Again, I am a huge fan of Woody Guthrie, so if you want any recommendations for albums or book, feel free to talk.

If you want my top Woody Guthrie songs?

- Pretty Boy Floyd
- Along In the Sun and The Rain
- The Many and The Few
- Black Diamond
- Little Black Train
- This Land is Your Land (his most famous song)
- Jesus Christ
- The Biggest Thing Man Has Ever Done
- Sinking of The Reuben James
and ecetra.

Cisco's Top Songs?

- Saint James Infirmary
- Booth Killed Lincoln
- The Cat Came Back
- Diamond Joe
- The Fox
- Dark as A Dungeon

Big thing for me is going to be figuring out what sort of sound you like so we can explore and expose you to as many artists as possible.

stlflamesfan

Nov 23, 2010

I mostly listen to metal, so here are a few songs for you....

I love the lyric from the second video.... "Even if you crush my body and drain it til the last drop, you could never touch my spirit, you could never touch my soul"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad