Music: Songs on the Periodic Table

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I mean, you guys can do whatever you want, but this is kinda getting out of hand, is it not?
Songs-About.jpg

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I mean, you guys can do whatever you want, but this is kinda getting out of hand, is it not?
Songs-About.jpg
I could understand if all of the songs are ones people are actually familiar with and actually listen too but most seem like random youtube searches with with just something in the name. It really makes those threads boring to go through.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I could understand if all of the songs are ones people are actually familiar with and actually listen too but most seem like random youtube searches with with just something in the name. It really makes those threads boring to go through.

If it was about what people felt were the actual best song that fits the criteria is (or most successfully captures the spirit of it or something), I'd get it and be for it, but otherwise, it's purely a mindless time-waster exercise that to me, does not seem much less silly than having multiple threads of people going:

Subject: Numbers with the letter 'E' in them
sixty-five
ninety-nine
thirty-three
Okay, now new thread-- Subject: Numbers with the letter 'G' in them
.... etc.

If people enjoy it, whatever, go for it and don't let me stop you, but if I'm being honest, it does seem pretty lame and head-scratching to me.

Last edited:

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
If everything has to be about superlatives, then that would be lame. Sometimes, you don't need to spend your time trying to discriminate what is the best, the greatest, or what not. That ought not what art should be limited to. Sometimes it is about discovery, to wonder and think about how certain subjects can be talked about. It is why I link to songs in other languages: to push the envelope on what the subject matter is about. There are some universals yes, and in that opportunity you learn about new styles or what not. It is why I link to instrumentals, as artists try to establish their style against concepts we know of.

Numbers and letters are likely not to be explored as they are words to describe procedures for which they have been defined and punctuated, and require a syneasthetic arbitrariness to import their meaning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralph Spoilsport

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad