Somewhere in heaven; Dale Weise is smiling Habs win 6-4

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I hadn't given up on moen quite yet, and its nice to see him having a bit of a bounce back year so far. His play just put provides that much more depth.

I think his days as being a temporary top 6 option under martin are long gone, but he still capable of being a good 4th liner when he uses his physicality (which he has done this far).

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
I hadn't given up on moen quite yet, and its nice to see him having a bit of a bounce back year so far. His play just put provides that much more depth.

I think his days as being a temporary top 6 option under martin are long gone, but he still capable of being a good 4th liner when he uses his physicality (which he has done this far).

Moen did deliver some great body checks yesterday night. I've noticed him more than Prust to be honest.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Great game for entertainment value. The team played well and we got some lucky bounces.

Biggest positive: our 3rd line was absolutely dominant all game. Those 3 are finally gelling together and it's a joy to watch.

There's a lot of potential for this line to be a puck possession beast. Sekac is just so good at forchecking, and protecting the puck. Eller and bourque on their good days are also very capable of doing the same.

Its the type of line that has been long missing on this squad.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
No kidding, not only is it dangerous, but it was such a stupid thing to do. It's funny because they don't allow you to keep the tops of water bottles, but if you point a laser at a hockey player it's cool, just take the laser and enjoy the game.

Dangerous? Distracting sure.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Hey guys, I just realized something. Lucic had wrist surgery this summer, right?

You gotta give him a break, it was months since he last ****ed off. He just couldn't wait anymore. :laugh:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Try getting one in your eye.

http://www.laserpointersafety.com/laser-hazards_head-eyes/laser-hazards_head-eyes.html

Chances are Rask makes more in 1 game, than this kid will ever make in his lifetime. Any damage to his eye, and his career could be in jeopardy.

If you said in one season I'd agree but in 1 game? Rask makes 7 million per season and if he plays in 70 games per season that's $100,000 per game.. You don't think a kid will make more than $100,000 in his lifetime?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Chad Johnson @ochocinco · 19h 19 hours ago
David Desharnais is like Dash from the movie "The Incredibles" on the ice...

real recognize real.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm kinda disappointed the psycho Bruins fan didn't broadcast a youtube video after the Bruins loss to the Habs last night like he did after the Bruins/Caps game.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
457325190_slide.jpg

:shakehead

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Moen did deliver some great body checks yesterday night. I've noticed him more than Prust to be honest.
I trust Moen more to make a "safe" play, anywhere on the ice, than Prust.

That said, the puck is as good as dead on Moen's stick. He is not likely to create a dangerous situation, but at the same time, he will not do anything creative that will lead to a scoring chance, nor convert on anybody else's creativity.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Look like the guy just got lucky because the staffs at the Bell Centre had no directive for that kind of stuff.

Whoever try to pull that kind of crap for now on won't be so lucky: "The day after the game the Canadiens said this was the first such incident to ever happen at the Bell Centre, and that in future spectators who bring lasers to a game will be immediately removed."
Criminal charges should apply. Some kind of reckless endangerment or assault. Even without permanent damage caused by the laser, there is indirect risk in just being distracted in a situation like an NHL hockey game with the speed and risks involved there.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Criminal charges should apply. Some kind of reckless endangerment or assault. Even without permanent damage caused by the laser, there is indirect risk in just being distracted in a situation like an NHL hockey game with the speed and risks involved there.

Yep...
It's frowned upon at airports too...:sarcasm:

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
I trust Moen more to make a "safe" play, anywhere on the ice, than Prust.

That said, the puck is as good as dead on Moen's stick. He is not likely to create a dangerous situation, but at the same time, he will not do anything creative that will lead to a scoring chance, nor convert on anybody else's creativity.

I get your point. However, for 4th line players, all I want from them is to be physical and play a good defensive game. Anything else is a big extra.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad