Post-Game Talk: Somewhat entertaining at least!

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
That might be more comforting if Tampa was in a playoff position. Or if Tampa has not proven to be a superior team the last few years.

Too much talent to not have a playoff push.

I enjoyed the game tonight, a lot of action.

If you want to keep Detroit fans interested in a "rebuild", put a team on the ice that's physical and will fight.( not to confuse fans with us junkies. We have problems)

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
1. Miss playoffs
2. Fire Blashill
3. Sign Gallant
4. Get rid of bad contract through expansion draft
5. Draft Top 5
6. ?????
7. Stanley Cup

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Mrazek is garbage. Absolute garbage, the guy can't make a save.

Incredibly deflating when your goalie can't save anything. He's awful.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well at least we had some offense for this one. I really believe win this with Coreau in at this point.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
No one is on the same page.

Miller has got to be at the top of our goals per 60 list.

Mrazek needs to step the **** up

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Team is underachieving... Buuuttt **** it.

Tank tank tank. High pick is what we need. Too bad the class is kinda meh

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
During Shanahan's interview while the game was on he said something like the team they were honouring tonight was the toughest team he's played on. A far cry from being pushed around on the ice at the Joe tonight

Last edited by a moderator:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
During Shanahan's interview while the game was on he said something like the team they were honouring tonight was the toughest team he's played on. A far cry from being pushed around on the ice at the Joe tonight

You can't afford cap space on a 'grind line' anymore. You need three lines that can score.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I think Shanahan was jokenly making a trade proposal to Yzerman on the red carpet tonight when they were honoring players out to center ice tonight.

You could see SFY shaking his rapidly and saying "no, no" with a smile on his face while Shanny had a smirk on his face. I think he said, "I'll give you Kadri for Drouin" or something crazy like that. And that made Yzerman laugh out loud.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You can't afford cap space on a 'grind line' anymore. You need three lines that can score.
Ooh! I like the sound of that! I'll take 3 scoring lines.

And I'd like a really good first line center. Oh! I almost forgot! And a good top pairing defenseman to anchor the blue line. And, while we're at it, some long-term consistent goaltending.

Hey! This is fun! It's almost like we're REBUILDING the team here! :sarcasm:

Aug 6, 2012
Why did we change goalie coaches again? Mrazek was so unbelievable last year and now he's consistently in danger of being pulled.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Why did we change goalie coaches again? Mrazek was so unbelievable last year and now he's consistently in danger of being pulled.

Remember when the power play finished #13 in the league last year and everyone wanted the coach replaced? Whoops.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Can bowman come back? Hell lids and vladdy could play better D than anyone currently in the organization. Start them.

Lgw

Feb 4, 2016
I only caught the second half but I thought the wings played great. Unfortunately every defensive breakdown ends up in our net and we can't seem to score even on great opportunities. I don't have a problem with the disallowed goal but I would love to see a two minute sit down required if a player goes down and stops play. It's going to be brutal but at this point I see no reason not to be hard sellers and go for a very high draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad