Speculation: Something happening between the Flames and Rangers?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Kreider is faster than Zucc, FYI. Dude FLIES

This is part of why I think Kreider is a better fit than Zuccarello (but Zuccarello is a better fit than Hayes)

Also because Backlund and Tkachuk are perfectly fine playmakers who just need someone on their line who's better at dominating the 200 foot game than Frolik, who's a nice piece but not a star.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am with you 100%, Kreider might even be a better pure fit than Mark Stone. Having him replace Frolik in our top six makes us very potent.

Frolik has a history of chewing apart third pairs as well so that is also ideal. When he drops to the third line he can still impact proceedings, it just makes the Flames deeper and harder to play against for me.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Frolik has a history of chewing apart third pairs as well so that is also ideal. When he drops to the third line he can still impact proceedings, it just makes the Flames deeper and harder to play against for me.

Honestly, I don't even care where Frolik plays as long as we can upgrade him on line 2. Our bottom six has been awesome... Bennett (though he's not a bottom sixer, just plays there), Ryan, Mangiapane, Czarnik, Jankowski, Hathaway have been awesome for a while... even Neal despite his salary and inability to shoot has been pretty effective although he slows the game down a bit compared to the others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad