Rumor: Someone would offer Bo Horvat 9 mil?

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Zadina for Boeser ... the insanity just never ends. Red Wings trash (an injured winger who hasn't come anywhere near Boeser's level of production) is worth all other teams gold.

Bert for Horvat ... the insanity never ends. Clearly Vancouver's only option from now until the trade deadline will be to deal Horvat for an injured winger on another expiring contract. Just what they need.

Why would Vancouver do any of this?

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Bert for Horvat ... the insanity never ends. Clearly Vancouver's only option from now until the trade deadline will be to deal Horvat for an injured winger on another expiring contract. Just what they need.

Bertuzzi for Horvat could work if both of them agree to deals before being traded.

Detroit gets a center and Vancouver gets a long-term piece back for Horvat.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Zadina for Boeser ... the insanity just never ends. Red Wings trash is worth all other teams gold.

To be fair, they seem to just want to get out of the Boeser contract. Not many can take 6.65m for two more years.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Bertuzzi for Horvat could work if both of them agree to deals before being traded.

Detroit gets a center and Vancouver gets a long-term piece back for Horvat.

Can you name another instance where this kind of scenario has ever happened before? Two players signing with their current teams just so they can be traded for one another?

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
To be fair, they seem to just want to get out of the Boeser contract. Not many can take 6.65m for two more years.
They haven't waived him, so clearly they're looking for some return. Filip Zadina is a negative return and another guy they'd be looking to get rid of. It makes no sense.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
They just made their best offer to Horvat and he promptly rejected the offer.

This offer would have put them over the salary cap for next season (already). It genuinely sounds like they will shift gears and attempt to trade Horvat now.

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Bo Horvat should turn this squad into a Wild card winner this season. As long as our system doesn't slog him down because dude plays fast and scores in bunches

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The fact that you have to ask that question is really all anyone needs to know.
The fact that your sarcasm meter is failing to work, is all anyone needs to know.

Interesting how every time I see you interact with others it's always they are wrong, you are right. Must suck going through life this way. Have an actual conversation and not an argument.

This meme comes to mind 🤷‍♂️

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
From LeBrun:
The return that Vancouver could be looking for in a Bo Horvat trade is one of the interesting things to consider as this market starts to develop.

It might not be what we expect.

I assumed the Canucks would be asking for a futures-only package, as selling, retooling teams most often do when they’re dealing with an in-season trade for a pending unrestricted free agent. But so far, it seems that Vancouver is looking instead for more of a hockey deal — to upgrade at center ice and/or right-shot defense if possible and bring in a player in the twentysomething age range this Canucks management group has focused on since coming on board.

And the possibility of Horvat re-signing with his new team as part of a trade? It’s hard, but we did see it happen last season with Hampus Lindholm after being traded from the Ducks to the Bruins. I also wonder if non-playoff teams with cap room to spare would try to get in on Horvat, viewing the acquisition price as worth it in order to cut off the competition ahead of July 1 free agency. That’s a longer shot, I think, but you can’t rule it out.
Hronek + Rasmussen? Veleno + Hronek?

The problem with giving up Hronek is the organizational RD depth isn’t great. There are some good FAs this summer though: Klingberg, Dumba, Fabbro, Hamonic, Jensen, Erik Johnson…

Last edited:

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
From LeBrun:

The problem with giving up Hronek is the organizational RD depth isn’t great. There are some good FAs this summer though: Klingberg, Dumba, Fabbro, Hamonic, Jensen, Erik Johnson…
Hamonic isnt good at all

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
From LeBrun:

Hronek is more valuable and important moving forward than Horvat would be. And Horvat is FA as well. I don't think there's a guarantee that Vancouver can find a trade partner that extends him right away.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Idk why peopel think this is even under consideration anymore.

Injury's, standings, etc push this idea too deep into the rising tide for us to follow/go after. What we'd have to give up right now to get him wouldn't push the Red Wings past any threshold people have in their minds.

I think they're just straight up out-matched every game, for the next month. Hope it doesn't get too ugly with 5/6 goal games against.

It's not necessarily anyone's fault, Red Wings aren't a deep team and Red Wings have over a half dozen injuries to main players so... idk. Kinda just ride out the wave.

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Hronek is more valuable and important moving forward than Horvat would be. And Horvat is FA as well. I don't think there's a guarantee that Vancouver can find a trade partner that extends him right away.
Is he? I'm suggesting Hronek for Horvat assuming the Wings can sign him to an extension. I feel like it's easier to find a second pairing RD than a 2C. If Edvinsson reaches his potential, I don't think it matters a ton who you have playing next to him and Seider.

X-Seider
Edvinsson-X
Chiarot-X

Fill in the blanks with FAs, Maatta, Walman, Sebrango, Johansson, Wallinder, Buium, etc.

Idk why peopel think this is even under consideration anymore.

Injury's, standings, etc push this idea too deep into the rising tide for us to follow/go after. What we'd have to give up right now to get him wouldn't push the Red Wings past any threshold people have in their minds.
It wouldn't be for this year. Getting Horvat would lock down the 1/2C spots for the next 5-6 years (assuming he and Larkin are both extended). The reason you'd trade for him now is so he doesn't hit UFA.

Last edited:
Reactions: JediOrderPizza

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Is he? I'm suggesting Hronek for Horvat assuming the Wings can sign him to an extension. I feel like it's easier to find a second pairing RD than a 2C. If Edvinsson reaches his potential, I don't think it matters a ton who you have playing next to him and Seider.

X-Seider
Edvinsson-X
Chiarot-X

Fill in the blanks with FAs, Maatta, Walman, Sebrango, Johansson, Wallinder, Buium, etc.

It wouldn't be for this year. Getting Horvat would lock down the 1/2C spots for the next 5-6 years (assuming he and Larkin are both extended). The reason you'd trade for him now is so he doesn't hit UFA.
Yes. A quality productive RHD #2/3 D is more valuable than Bo Horvat. If Kasper reaches his potential Horvat is the #3C.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Agree to disagree.
1671205816592.png
career
Cost controlled after another season of $4.4M next year.
Righty

vs

1671205788182.png
career
Going to cost north of $8M starting next season.
Lefty so we don't even get a RH center out of it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Horvat isn't some Selke guy. We don't need his lefty draws. A RH D is more valuable.
57% FOW, winning is more important than which way his stick curves.

2C is about the same worth as a 2nd pair RHD. Hronek is worth more because he's got one more year and RFA after. Would suck to trade Hronek then watch Bo walk.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Bertuzzi - Larkin - Vrana
Perron - Horvat - Raymond
Kubalik - Copp - Berggren
Rasumssen - Veleno - Soderblom

that looks pretty sexy. Move Copp to wing if we trade Bertuzzi and use Kasper as 3C next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad