Someone must be the last one (worst players of this season)

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
The Wings have a lot of possible nominees, but I have to go with our temporary backup Jared Coreau. Maybe not that fair, since he was never supposed to see much NHL time, but in the small amount of games he posted a statline of

0-5-1
4.15 GAA
86% save percentage

The one game we won with him starting he was pulled. Hope you enjoyed the big boy paycheck for a couple months, you’ll probably never get another one

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
What's up with Lehtera? I haven't followed his journey and where he plays now.

He was traded to Philly from St.Louis.

PHI: Schenn
for
STL: 2018 1st round draft pick (Morgan Frost), 2019 1st round draft pick (pick TBD, 14th overall) and Jori Lethera.

This was a great trade for both teams. But, the Flyers had to take Lethera for cap reasons. If the Flyers had a coach that understood player management then Lehtera would get only a handful games a season, but Hakstol rides Lethera like he is a 3rd line center.

He is bad, real bad. He can't skate, control the puck or shoot. He is just a body at this point.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
He was traded to Philly from St.Louis.

PHI: Schenn
for
STL: 2018 1st round draft pick (Morgan Frost), 2019 1st round draft pick (pick TBD, 14th overall) and Jori Lethera.

This was a great trade for both teams. But, the Flyers had to take Lethera for cap reasons. If the Flyers had a coach that understood player management then Lehtera would get only a handful games a season, but Hakstol rides Lethera like he is a 3rd line center.

He is bad, real bad. He can't skate, control the puck or shoot. He is just a body at this point.

But tell us his statistics. This topic is about statistic. Not about feelings.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
But tell us his statistics. This topic is about statistic. Not about feelings.

Ok gotcha.

He doesn't have many points. Probably lower than a handful, but more than a couple. He might have a low CF% and +/- might exist.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Leddy had a down year but his +/- doesn't really tell the whole story. I'm not a fan of the +/- stat to begin with.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Tom Wilson had 41 minor penalties. It always makes me wonder why some people actually see high penalty minutes as a positive.

They aren't positive.

I get that people are emotional at Tom Wilson but that does not excuse blatant irrationality: Tom Wilson belongs nowhere near this thread. He was quite good this year - especially for a $2.3M cap hit.

If your biggest gripe about him is putting his team short handed, you'd also have to list how many penalties he drew, which is substantial.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
By my eyes, the worst players on the worst team this year were Jordan Nolan, Nathan Beaulieu, and Chad Johnson. Shoutout to Pouliot, Pominville, McCabe, Larsson, Lehner, and Girgensons. Literally all would be on the bubble at best to even make the roster of a half-decent team.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The Richard winner is among the worst players in the NHL this season.

That is your opinion.

Wow.
Wow.

You don't understand the thread.

Wow.

It's about quantifiable, numerical "worsts". The OP has literally not expressed an "opinion" throughout the entire thread. He has, however, named several players who were "last" in several statistical categories.

Wow.

Reactions: alko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad