Some Draft info for Pens fans about Dubas

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The Hawks won 2 of their 3 Cups without a 2C and only 3 top 4D. The other they won with one of the most mediocre goalies to be etched on the Cup. Teams win with holes

To be fair, this board (HFPens) was inundated with insufferable Leafs fans after the Dubas hiring. And I'm sure the main board isn't a treat either -- but I don't go there.

Dont take offense, thanks for sharing

People on this side of town beat their wives, kick dogs and post the same idea presented 1000 different ways to increase their street cred.

Because most of the people who post here are insufferable boors...

Yea I don't know why some people are hostile.

Thanks for the information. I'm excited to see what he does this summer with our cap space.

I won't be shocked if he trades down.
No worries. Thanks for the kind words. I was a bit surprised at the comments earlier, but it's fine.
In terms of his draft strategy, he focuses on skill and hockey IQ. He won't shy away from size but won't pick someone big because they have size. It's a false narrative he doesn't like size. He'll take it if they have other aspects like with Knies.

Another thing is he's very active in the draft especially the 2nd day. He'll trade up, down, and will even at times trade a future year pick to get another pick this year if there is someone he really likes.

Our fans haven’t been good at judging GMs as of late. You’ll have to excuse us.
My team hasn't been great either lol. We went from JFJ, to Burke, to Nonis. Dubas easily the best GM we had in a while

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Toronto certainly did not fail to develop him. He put up very good 5v5 production in Toronto. They failed so bad that they got a 14th overall pick for him?
Only 1 team failed Kapanen and that's the Pens. He's been productive on the Leafs and Blues. In Toronto he was one of their most utilized players on the PK and produced solid numbers offensively and was a good cog. The Pens literally used him like there was zero scouting report on him.

But most of this fan base will whine about him and never accept that he was a damn good top 9 winger before and after us, only with us did he ever lose his game and that's 100% on the Pens coach.

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
View attachment 716223

Dear Diary,

A pesky leafs fan posted on the Pens Hfboards page today. Can you believe it?! Do not worry as I, a long standing member of this forum, stood up to him and made him feel most unwelcome. The news he brought may have been good news , but I assure you, he had an ulterior motive. I await to be showered with thanks and praise from my fellow posters.

This is a f***ing fantastic post. Well done.

• Haha
Reactions: KareemTrustfund

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
He's fine. Did well here in year one even. Doing well on the Blues.

Like many former bottom 6 Pens players who were deemed "bad". Sooner or later you gotta start wondering why so many good bottom 6 players are bad in this system.
He's not gonna shoot 17% this year again. He'll be the same mediocre 30-40 point one dimensional player he's ever been.

Sullivan has been ass for a few years now, but that's not gonna cause me to pine about Kasperi Kapanen.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't really care one way or the other about Kapanen but I feel like if I said "man this team really needs a third liner who is a great skater, good for 30-40 points and ~15 goals with little to no powerplay time and with limited linemates, can PK better than average and has even shown the ability to do spot duty in the top six" the Penguins fanbase as a whole would be breathing heavy and asking how many millions they could throw at him to make him part of the team.

So ya'll confuse me sometimes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He's fine. Did well here in year one even. Doing well on the Blues.

Like many former bottom 6 Pens players who were deemed "bad". Sooner or later you gotta start wondering why so many good bottom 6 players are bad in this system.
And better when they leave.

I don't really care one way or the other about Kapanen but I feel like if I said "man this team really needs a third liner who is a great skater, good for 30-40 points and ~15 goals with little to no powerplay time and with limited linemates, can PK better than average and has even shown the ability to do spot duty in the top six" the Penguins fanbase as a whole would be breathing heavy and asking how many millions they could throw at him to make him part of the team.

So ya'll confuse me sometimes.

The confusing part is we had a solid pk player that can do that and they didn't even bother using him on the PK and gave him a net zero of a 3c.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

Kyle Dubas speaks about his career as an executive and lays out his plan for the upcoming draft:

"I've never been fired before", he says to an enthusiastic Brock University Graduate Class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad