Some believe that the Sedins will leave for Sweden if they have another off year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
It's almost too bad it didn't happen this year so we could actually have a good chance at McDavid.

I think Henrik is still a good player, but I think Daniel is done.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
It's almost too bad it didn't happen this year so we could actually have a good chance at McDavid.

I think Henrik is still a good player, but I think Daniel is done.

The Canucks could have 3 times the lottery balls as everyone else in the Draft Lottery and I wouldn't be anywhere near confident that they'd get the first overall.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
As opposed to the amazing reign of Mike Gillis? First half, yes, great. Second half was like waking up in the morning to realize you sharted in your pillowcases.

The team hasn't played a single freaking game under Benning yet, calm down.

Gillis was predictable as hell, who the **** knows what Benning's going to do next.

John Bender*

The Canucks could have 3 times the lottery balls as everyone else in the Draft Lottery and I wouldn't be anywhere near confident that they'd get the first overall.

The could have 29 balls and they'd still not win it.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
So we'd be off the hook for their contract? Their cap hit won't haunt us? League won't punish us like they did with NJD?

The Devils got punished for cap circumvention on the original contract, not Kovalchuk leaving...and yes If a player refuses to play for a team their contract can be terminated or it can be mutual.

True Player For Life

Mar 30, 2014
They can't play forever but it would suck to see them go.

We have all been so lucky to witness and get to know such talent and great human beings on and off the ice.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Gillis was predictable as hell, who the **** knows what Benning's going to do next.

Well, he's followed a trend. He said he wanted to get younger, we have. He said he wants a meat and potatoes style, those are the type of guys we drafted and brought in.

I'd rather have him be unpredictable than be indecisive like Gillis. We have no idea what he'll do, that's true, but we didn't really with Gillis either. At least so far Benning has said we wanted to get bigger and younger and we've heading in that direction.

How anyone can criticize a General Manager before his team has played a single game during his reign is so stupid and so Vancouver that it's embarrassing to be around here sometimes.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I find this to be highly specious. Pauser is probably getting drunk on a patio right now having read this on his phone.

Oh so THAT was you who I saw at the bar. ;)

Yeah actually this is great news. I don't expect the Sedins to have a "rebound year" so for me this is excellent news. The Sedins inflated and terrible contracts likely won't be dragging this franchise down for another 4 full years. Excellent!

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
We don't have the players to replace the sedins, which is why I'm nervous and wary of them leaving. If they both hit 60 points again, I'm happy.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
On the bright sidr it means even Lindenning won't be able to pretend this team can still contend anymore. Without the Sedins we probably have the worst forward group in the league.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
We don't have the players to replace the sedins, which is why I'm nervous and wary of them leaving. If they both hit 60 points again, I'm happy.

Exactly why I wanted us to do whatever it took to get Sam Reinhart in the draft. But hey, people preferred depth players so be happy with that.

If the Sedins have an "off year" this year (like I expect) similar to what we saw from them last year, there's a very good chance we end up with one of McDavid, Eichel, or Barzal. Good way to start replacing them.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
To the story - if the Twins continue to regress in terms of points and being top line players (I hope they won't, but if they do) I can see this having merit. Rather than handicap the team, I think both of them would be the bigger men and retire.

That said, I'm hoping they rebound and put up 60-70 point seasons, instead.

Ventana*

That would help us out big time. Love the Sedins, think their numbers should be retired but I don't think we're winning a cup with them in our top 6. They had their good years but it's time to get some top 6 forwards with size and grit who can put the puck in the net with regularity. I want the Canucks to be intimidating other teams and that doesn't happen until the Sedins are gone.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
The Devils got punished for cap circumvention on the original contract, not Kovalchuk leaving...and yes If a player refuses to play for a team their contract can be terminated or it can be mutual.

This is great news then, those contracts are scary.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Maybe at Canucks game we can use the Whitecaps chant; "I believe that we will win".

They walk out and complain after the game is over and they lost.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Exactly why I wanted us to do whatever it took to get Sam Reinhart in the draft. But hey, people preferred depth players so be happy with that.

If the Sedins have an "off year" this year (like I expect) similar to what we saw from them last year, there's a very good chance we end up with one of McDavid, Eichel, or Barzal. Good way to start replacing them.

Players. There's three players that make up a first line. Moving three projected top six forwards in shinkaruk, McCann, and virtanen for one projected 1c is dangerous.

Oh not to mention Chris tanev. I'd rather we cross that road once we do end up being that bad, instead of overpaying for one.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Surprised at how many people are quick to write off the Sedin's. Naturally, I think we all have concerns about their play last season, but how much of that was the mess around them? Between the poor coaching and the atrocious seasons from Burrows and Edler, it's no wonder they struggled.

I'll certainly give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until I see them next season before drawing any conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad