Post-Game Talk: Sol Preston's GDT wins

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
****. Nobody panics in the last minute like the Oilers. Not sure about having Khaira and McDavid out in the last minute. Beautiful to see Koskinen rob Perry on the doorstep. What a save while the team melts down around him. Love to see a gif of that if someone has the right angle.

Khaira had a very scary game. How many times did he have chances to get the puck outta our end and messed up? I find he is weak on the puck and slow. We need a Toffoli or Kreider on that Nuge line

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Khaira doesn't have a brain.

Im wondering that myself. He loses too many puck battles and he coughs up the puck constantly in our end. How many times does he whiff on a puck on the PK? I said in an earlier post, how would Toffoli or Kreider or both look on Nuge's line?

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah because Khaira is frustrating to watch and his stupid plays have cost us in the past and could have cost us again tonight. Anyone watching the game tonight saw that he was absolutely horrible.

I seen it and I smoked a few triple papers. He needs a seat in the PB.

On a good note, I really like Haas. What a buzz saw

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Khaira is Jekyll and Hyde.. he needs to find a identity. He carries the puck into dangerous areas far to often. He needs to realize his best hockey is on the boards and work on his puck retrieval skills rather the his 4 or 5 quick stick handles into the defenders feet or the boards. At this point I would mind trading him for a bottom 6 forward that's more consistent.

Toronto needs some toughness. I wonder if we could have a trade partner with them? There was talk of Benning going there last year for Connor Brown.

Benning/ Khaira for Kapanen
Do it

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If we can somehow add another veteran or two skilled middle 6 winger, then I think we can be a very difficult matchup on most nights compared to years past.

Having the option to run McDrai or the 3 centres on their own line would be a really nice luxury to have. But we need the wingers. Internally I think Benson, Lavoie, McLeod (yes I know he’s a C), and Yamo are the best options but none of them are sure fire wingers that help now. I am very bullish on Lavoie though, I see a top 6 winger written all over him in the coming years.

Ive seen Lavoie play numerous times in Halifax. Great set of hands and a good size. Needs work on skating but I definitely see a 2nd line player here.
For what its worth, I see Saifin is scoring in Wichita. He has been hit with the injury bug the last few seasons. When I first seen him play for Saint John as a rookie and I found out we drafted him, I was excited. At the time we had Puju coming off a MVP at world jrs and we drafted him. I envisioned a big 3rd power line. Guess I was wrong

Reactions: snipes

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Some of the so called "fans" should be banned from posting in the winning PGT after the **** they post in the GDT.

I like this post. They go from Debbie Downer and Chicken Little to Tony Little with Hans and Frans

chicken little.jpg
debbie-downer.jpg
hans and frans.gif
tony little.jpg

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
That was a solid road game against a solid team.
The Oilers pressured the Stars pretty much all game and swallowed up most of the pucks in the D zone.
So many players had a strong game. Koskinen player really well.
Bear bounced back...so did Klefbom.
Larsson is starting to look like the Larsson of old...probably the Oilers best D in this game.

The forward group played strong as well. They were skating and for the most part taking away the Stars ice.

First win in Dallas in over 3 years....nice to see that change.

Oh and it should be mentioned that Sekera was a giveaway machine in this game.
He gave the puck away a minimum of 3 times in the first period alone. One of which caused his team to take a penalty which in turn allowed the Oilers to score the game winning goal. :nod:

And one must remember that there were lots on this fanbase that wanted Holland gone because
1 he didn't go big game hunting July 1
2 bought out Sekera

I like Sekera but his career was finished the day Getzlaf hit him in the 2017 playoffs

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
So the lines get balanced out and we hold the Fort no problem then for some reason coach decides to put McDrai together and all goes to heck.

Reactions: pratt

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Okay, how does this sound He handled the puck like a hot potato

Khaira was pretty bad. Its like he just cant process the game fast enough at times and distribute the puck quick enough.
All too often he makes the wrong decision as well.
I think the Lucic comparison is totally valid.

Wouldnt surprise me to see Holland trade him.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Just want to say

Nuge line is brutal
Nurse is sloppy af
Lars Klef played well
And Koskinen was great

But the real question now...does Tippett start Koskinen Wednesday or his buddy Smith?

I f***ing give up on Tippett if he actually starts Smith. He needs to get over his man crush on him and realize Mikko has clearly established himself as the starter.

Reactions: frag2

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Not sure what's more worrisome: that

or that Smith can't handle a beach ball?
Whenever there's two bad options for the Oilers, the answer is both. Always both.

But really, we're only getting these types of performances out of Koskinen regularily because he's not handling a full load. Is Starrett an option?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Koskinen really looked tired after the game, I hope they start Smith the next game (STL is ... even for an optimist like me a really tough game to win), but then back to Koski. Instead of 2 games Koski / 2 games Smith, for now move to 2 games Koski / 1 game Smith.

Koskinen had trouble last season, maybe it was a heavy load, maybe it was adaptation. He has carried heavy work loads before, in khl playoffs, and put up great numbers. However I would prefer not to risk it before an actual playoff run, if we get there.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad