New Head Coach search

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Anything is better than Travis Green.

I don’t think McLellan will make us considerably worse. Travis Green sure did/will.

I just hope he doesn’t have us playing like LA this year though. Who are still playing like that since he left. That 1-3-1.

He didn’t have the Sharks playing that way.

I think I would accept him after having to suffer through Travis Green.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Anything is better than Travis Green.

I don’t think McLellan will make us considerably worse. Travis Green sure did/will.

I just hope he doesn’t have us playing like LA this year though. Who are still playing like that since he left. That 1-3-1.

He didn’t have the Sharks playing that way.

I think I would accept him after having to suffer through Travis Green.
at this point if McLellan keeps the job the hell away from Green, I suppose I would be ok with it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I’m not sure I’d consider that more smoke. If anything, Emily threw a little water on the fire; however, I think the one thing that is very clear: if Sullivan does leave/resign/get fired, he will be the Devils next coach if the position is still open.
So besides Marek's comments about tampering...

Sullivan is under contract and it sounds like Dubas wants to keep him. I don't see any way he leaves Pitt unless he knows he's got the Devils job... and the implied tampering there is absolutely insane.

A reporter asked then reported a few days ago that Sullivan has not been given permission to talk to the Devils.

I wonder if there's a scenario where Dubas and Fitz talk and Pitt gets some kind of compensation for Sullivan leaving there and joining us? Is that even possible/allowed?

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
McClellan? Do we really need another guy who’s been coaching for forever but hasn’t actually won a championship?

This team desperately needs a proven winner, I don’t care if it was in a different league or whatever.

That's what I'm saying, yet when I put how I was on a tournament winning atom team on my resume suddenly that's not good enough for Fitz.

• Haha
Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
That's what I'm saying, yet when I put how I was on a tournament winning atom team on my resume suddenly that's not good enough for Fitz.
IMG_4750.jpeg
IMG_4319.jpeg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
McClellan? Do we really need another guy who’s been coaching for forever but hasn’t actually won a championship?

This team desperately needs a proven winner, I don’t care if it was in a different league or whatever.

I don't want him either, but McLellan won an AHL championship in 2003.

Reactions: Guttersniped

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
So besides Marek's comments about tampering...

Sullivan is under contract and it sounds like Dubas wants to keep him. I don't see any way he leaves Pitt unless he knows he's got the Devils job... and the implied tampering there is absolutely insane.

A reporter asked then reported a few days ago that Sullivan has not been given permission to talk to the Devils.

I wonder if there's a scenario where Dubas and Fitz talk and Pitt gets some kind of compensation for Sullivan leaving there and joining us? Is that even possible/allowed?
Fairly certain it isn't even allowed anymore in any way, shape or form.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Sounds like the whole beef between Sullivan and dubas was regarding assistant coaches and dubas wanted new ones and Sullivan wanted to stay loyal to his guys

Seems like Sullivan caved

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
So... Does that mean that if we manage to get Sullivan, Reirden comes with him? Any thoughts on him?

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Confused by what is possible here re: compensation and the details of this assistant coach issue, but it seems like Sullivan would lose any power struggle with Dubas and if it's happening, and it's not a situation where Dubas can trade him to literally any team, then it seems likely he'd be heading to NJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad