Soderberg at Right Wing Spooner At Center??

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Not even close LOL

There's a Bartkowsk in the puzzle but no Bartkowski and if there's a Panthers in there, it was totally a fluke :laugh:

Well there is Panthed and Panthes (I'm pronouncing that spelling with a Boston accent), so I tried to take a hint.

The only other clues I get are Dover, Apples, and Dan, which with the help of Google, means you are going to the Dover Apple Harvest and 5k Race in Dover, NH with Dan, to discuss the Blue Jackets. :laugh:

trudatman*

MEGNA TO BLUE JACKETS
DAN TO BUFFALO
ONE ISLAND LESS
TAD REDID RANGERS
THE TORONTO DO OVER
DO MONTREAL IN THE ASS
SAME CAT PHIL AT POT GRUB BAR
OTTAWA AKA JEAN TUX RANGERS
DOVER APPLES VS PALM LAND

theme: second chances

Last edited by a moderator:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I will say this:

Agents obviously have a vested interest in what players sign for as it is their livelihood and they make an enormous amount of money from these deals. For example, Krejci's agent stands to make $1.5 million off of Krejci's new deal.

99% of the time players act on the agents advise and recommendations and rarely get involved in the negotiations until the very end.

Soderberg is an anomaly. He's of the breed that tells his agent "I want X and I want to play in Y. Just get it done" Y is Boston. X won't be an exorbitant amount.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I will say this:

Agents obviously have a vested interest in what players sign for as it is their livelihood and they make an enormous amount of money from these deals. For example, Krejci's agent stands to make $1.5 million off of Krejci's new deal.

99% of the time players act on the agents advise and recommendations and rarely get involved in the negotiations until the very end.

Soderberg is an anomaly. He's of the breed that tells his agent "I want X and I want to play in Y. Just get it done" Y is Boston. X won't be an exorbitant amount.

pants tent.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
:laugh:

That's what I love and also what frustrates the hell out of me about Dan's posts. My brain hurts by the time I'm through but he just lays it all out there for you. You know there is good hockey insight in every one of his posts...its just sometimes like trying to put together a puzzle.

my wife told me when she watched Pulp Fiction that if I was a movie this was it (not a complete compliment). I've had friends tell me without knowing that they could see me writing that movie.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I will say this:

What makes people think this? Do you have a link or something?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Just look back at his past. He has been a very loyal soldier taking less money to honour contracts back home. I hope he carries on that way.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I will say this:

Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing how he does with a full season at centre.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Does he played at center this playoff or last year playoff? So if Julien put Soderberg at center can he put Spooner on the wing?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I will say this:

He negotiates like Carl;)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I don't get the joke :(

When Dom posts something, that post IS the link. He is very clear when it's something that's happening, or its his own opinion.

In either case, he's someone worth paying attention to.

In that case heaven is black and gold and hell is blu blanc et rouge

He negotiates like Carl;)

I'm sure there will be some that are going to be surprised to find that out Andrew. If you remember the threads when Dreger announced he was coming over and Kirk then broke the news that he had signed a three year deal, I was keeping things up to date here with news I was getting (all of which I am sure you can testify actually ended up happening) but there were several Swedish posters that kept arguing it.

Carl definitely did things his way, and I have no doubt he will continue to do so.

This fits Carl to a t, not just because its Ol' Blue Eyes but.....

member 96824

I thought you were like a week ahead of Dreger weren't you?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I thought you were like a week ahead of Dreger weren't you?

Something like that. I remember there were like 50 people from here who tweeted @Dreger telling him I had that news a week ago. I had a good laugh about it though. Didn't really care.

Although I did put the tweet out there in Swedish. I guess Dreger didn't want to use Google translate LOL. But Pierre LeBrun noticed it :laugh:

member 96824

Something like that. I remember there were like 50 people from here who tweeted @Dreger telling him I had that news a week ago. I had a good laugh about it though. Didn't really care.

Although I did put the tweet out there in Swedish. I guess Dreger didn't want to use Google translate LOL. But Pierre LeBrun noticed it :laugh:

What a week that was. Carl flies in, next day isn't allowed to go outside due to Police shutdown.:amazed:

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I will say this:

So when is this going to happen?

And am I crazy in believing that this could be some extremely long contract?

I wouldn't mind 8 years x 2M with a full NMC :naughty:

Sangoku Galchenyuk

Sep 8, 2014
Guys I'm curious, I don't know much a bout Soderberg but I just picked him in my fantasy draft. He doesnt cost much so thats a plus. But now I would like to know, will he still play on Bergy's line next year? And most of all how many points do you expect from him?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Guys I'm curious, I don't know much a bout Soderberg but I just picked him in my fantasy draft. He doesnt cost much so thats a plus. But now I would like to know, will he still play on Bergy's line next year? And most of all how many points do you expect from him?

I don't at all remember him playing on Bergeron's line at all, and if he did, it can't have been more for 1-2 games (though someone with a better memory than I will recall if he did.) He was centering the third line from late January on last season, and that's where he'll slot on the depth chart behind Krejci and Bergeron.

As far as projections....no one's even sure who his linemates will be yet, so it's impossible to say. If I had to fetch a guess, I could see in the 45-50 pt range (18/30).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad