GDT: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Realistically we (as Americans looking at the big picture) if we're not going to win we want to lose by 1. We play Slovenia so we should win that game by a few goals. Russia plays Slovakia (who might be the worst team in the group surprisingly) and we have the GD lead so we'd win the Group and get the Bye.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Thank you guys, it makes sense to fit more seats in, I just didn't know

More seriously, you wonder why the NHL hasn't considered going to a bigger ice surface. They're trying to minimize the head injuries and take the goons out of the game. That would help. I know there is more to it, but you never really hear it brought up.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I have to say, I have liked the American approach in this one. They knew a track meet game would favor the Russians, and they're playing with a conservative game plan. Gives you a chance to go win it in the third.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
More seriously, you wonder why the NHL hasn't considered going to a bigger ice surface. They're trying to minimize the head injuries and take the goons out of the game. That would help. I know there is more to it, but you never really hear it brought up.

That's a great point, the price tag that comes along with making the rinks bigger is the reason why they haven't gone in that direction I would assume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad