Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France U19 team toying with Italy in the EC U19 final. Up 2-0 before the 20th.
Augustin with a nice first goal (6th of the competition).
Mbappé creating the second goal with a nice pass to the right side.

Blas, Michelin and Diop shining, Augustin as well, but Mbappé... just wow.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
France U19 team toying with Italy in the EC U19 final. Up 2-0 before the 20th.
Augustin with a nice first goal (6th of the competition).
Mbappé creating the second goal with a nice pass to the right side.

Blas, Michelin and Diop shining, Augustin as well, but Mbappé... just wow.
I think Mbappé has the potential to be this year Dembele. I think France has maybe two upcoming world class player with both of them.

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
Any info on Joseph Colley (Chelsea)?

Big, strong, powerful central defender, happy to play in a back four or a three-man central unit. Has experience playing midfield (not that he's great there) so has the technical proficiency to be comfortable in possession. Covers ground very quickly, plays with authority and composure, has a swagger and attitude that comes with being a leader. Really nice prospect.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ovie Ejaria has been incredible so far in pre-season. Definitely the top one to watch along with Woodburn and Ojo for Liverpool this year.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It seemed like Conte was going to make Loftus-Cheek into a #9 based on yesterday. He looked really good doing it too.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Juni, what's going on with Lewis Baker these days?

Loaned to Vitesse for another year. Had a decent season there (one of the only loanees who had a successful loan at Vitesse last season). Needs to show he can be one of the top players in that division and have a similar impact as van Ginkel to get any consideration for the first team next year I'd say. Nathan will also be going back.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He announced that earlier in the summer, and I will say I was skeptical and continue to be. I did not watch yesterday's game, did he look good there?

Yes, had a few good knockdowns that gave players trouble and was very active. Also physically looks like a monster of a player even compared to Grujic who is also 6'3. Was caught offside a time or two though and was clearly getting used to the position.

He, the previously mentioned Ejaria, and a player named Aina who played RB for Chelsea were clearly the best of the young players.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Big, strong, powerful central defender, happy to play in a back four or a three-man central unit. Has experience playing midfield (not that he's great there) so has the technical proficiency to be comfortable in possession. Covers ground very quickly, plays with authority and composure, has a swagger and attitude that comes with being a leader. Really nice prospect.

Thanks a lot for this answer. Apparently he came to Sweden late 2008 and ~5 years later he was the captain at his national team's first match, and has been ever since I think, so yeah he seems to be a leader. Exciting with him, Joel Asoro (Sunderland), Thomas Isherwood (Bayern) and others coming up. But history has taught me I shouldn't get my hopes up :laugh: Anyway thanks again for a detailed answer!

Edit: Just realized those three names all come from Brommapojkarna. Same youth academy as Ekdal, Guidetti, Augustinsson, Tibbling et al.

Last edited:

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I've never seen RLC as a 9 and I too am a little skeptical about the move. He has the height and strength to be good in the box and he's good with the ball at his feet. I've always seen him as a CM with a mix of box-to-box and playmaker. He's played those positions at youth level for club and country. He definitely shouldn't be a lone striker though. Was hoping Conte would mould him into a Pogba type player.

I think Aina has a very good chance of staying with the first team and providing depth at RB and LB. Positions he's played well at in preseason. Another academy product it would be nice to see him get some games.

Would also like to see Chalobah stick around and compete for some games too. Is versatile and can learn a lot with the current players and a manager like Conte.

Abraham and Solanke have also been identified as future players by Conte so it gives me hope. But like every manager before him, I'd like to see it happen.

Aina, Clarke-Salter, Christensen, Tomori, Aké, Chalobah, RLC, Baker, Boga, Musonda, Palmer, Abraham, Solanke, Brown. Not a bad crop ready to make a push for the first-team.

If Todd Kane can recover from his injury...he played well at NEC last season, could be a candidate too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can I get some opinions from the German posters on Timothy Tillman? Do you think he'll play for Germany and how good is he? He's eligible for the USA, and his younger brother plays for the USA. He's on Bayern's preseason tour of the USA, and he's the youngest field player on the roster, second youngest player behind Neuer Jr. He's done well so far in the preseason games that he's played.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Alphonso Davies

is one to watch for Just Signed for the Whitecaps MLS team after Standing Out as a Pro for the Caps in the USL. Became the Second Youngest MLS player after Freddy Adu. He is Fearless with the ball and has had a Few great Cameo Appreances for the Full Team.

He Turns 16 in November

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Don't get to watch too much of the Belgian league but this Leon Bailey kid looks phenomenal. Great numbers for his age in a top league, too. He actually reminds me a bit of Sterling at the same age, but actually good at wideplay.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Can I get some opinions from the German posters on Timothy Tillman? Do you think he'll play for Germany and how good is he? He's eligible for the USA, and his younger brother plays for the USA. He's on Bayern's preseason tour of the USA, and he's the youngest field player on the roster, second youngest player behind Neuer Jr. He's done well so far in the preseason games that he's played.

Sorry I can't be much help. I haven't seen him with any of our youth NTs and I only watch the youth leagues for the north/north-east and the Rhineland/Ruhr.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
How highly rated is Jonathan Ikone? I was watching the PSG - Leicester match and he was the best player on the pitch.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bennacer (Arsenal) has decided to play for Algeria
Should have represented Algeria in youth competition then.

Though things could be worse, he could also wear the french shirt in youth selections, switch to Algeria and then wear the french NT shirt again at the Toulouse tournament like Rachid ****ing Ghezzal.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
One to watch for sure. PSG had another young guy score...(Edouard?) But Leicester couldn't handle Ikone.

PSG seems to have a decent crop of prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad