Soccer/Football Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Well this sucked. Yes we were only down by 1, but we haven't shown much, toothless game aside from short spans of quality. Can't have high hopes for the next round

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Well, they'll be proud of their effort vs England. And they didn't end the tournament without a goal.

Still disappointing. :(

I was unable to resist having the score spoiled. :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I wish the England games were later so they would help me fall asleep.

So much attacking talent but Southgate will never play more than four guys who want to create past half way.

Dont get me wrong, I hope it works.

But I reckon an extra time or penalty knockout vs one of the good teams that try to produce. Or a game like vs Denmark or Belgium last year where miss the 3 chances a game they create and lose 1-0 or 2-0.

It is hard to see England scoring more than 2 goals.

8 goals in the last 7 national team games. And Croatia were the best team played in that time.

Reactions: wankstifier

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
You're not wrong there Apple me owd mate, it's absolutely terrible. We've got so much attacking talent in the squad yet we play such a slow, methodic style. Look at the corners, we play it in and it's cleared. The first thought is to fire it back to Maguire or Pickford. So we go from the ball at our feet 30 yards out to being under pressure in our own half in mere seconds. It just about works against your Czechs and Croatias of the world, but we don't stand a chance against France, Germany or Portugal.

So frustrating, Southgate is a man living off the sheer talent of his team alone. You can see in every game that they start off succeeding by exuberance and instinct, but as soon as opposition managers change it up we're lost. He'll be gone after this tournament no matter what happens I think, hopefully then we can start to actually enjoy England football again.

I mean, perspective is needed. We're through with 7 points and 0 goals conceded but we've had no legitimate challenger yet.

Well, they'll be proud of their effort vs England. And they didn't end the tournament without a goal.

Still disappointing. :(

I was unable to resist having the score spoiled. :laugh:

They can return to the wind and rain of the highlands with the finest 0-0 win of all time keeping them warm.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I wish I knew beforehand that the Czech-Ingerland game was low stakes. Total snoozefest.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
England - Germany. The classic. First time since 2010.

I'm not optimistic. This will probably the time for England to come out on top.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hoping Italy extends their record breaking win streak...been over 82 years. Can't take Austria lightly but should be able to do it.

Forza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad