Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Which is mad cause this has happened to plenty of footballers long before Covid.
And not all of them were so lucky. When I saw it happening yesterday, I immediately had to think of Miklos Feher and Marc-Vivien Foe.
Scary situation. You had to fear the worst.

Reactions: JXC

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
And not all of them were so lucky. When I saw it happening yesterday, I immediately had to think of Miklos Feher and Marc-Vivien Foe.
Scary situation. You had to fear the worst.
There was that one fellow in Spain who collapsed on the field, regained consciousness, walked off the field, then suffered another, and fatal, episode in the locker room. Seems primitive today, and wasn’t that long ago. They don’t let guys man up and walk off anymore, thankfully.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
There was that one fellow in Spain who collapsed on the field, regained consciousness, walked off the field, then suffered another, and fatal, episode in the locker room. Seems primitive today, and wasn’t that long ago. They don’t let guys man up and walk off anymore, thankfully.
Yeah, they're better prepared nowadays. Pretty much all they can do is to be prepared because you can't really prevent those things.

Reactions: JXC

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Quite interestingly blown two goal lead by Netherlands so far. The 1:2 goal by Ukraine was prettyyyy prettyyyy prettyyyy good

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Gotta be set when the shot is taken

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
All right, @kudymen, we're up next.

The last 30 minutes of the game will be played when I drive my daughter to daycare and wife to the train, so I will probably record this and (unsuccessfully) try to avoid spoiling the outcome.

Pretty big match for both countries with England and Croatia looking down on them.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
All right, @kudymen, we're up next.

The last 30 minutes of the game will be played when I drive my daughter to daycare and wife to the train, so I will probably record this and (unsuccessfully) try to avoid spoiling the outcome.

Pretty big match for both countries with England and Croatia looking down on them.

Aight of course I have such miserable plan this week that this is the only day I can't work from home, and the game will be the last 2 hours of my office time.

At least I am about to see who is a big football guy in the office :laugh:

I'm quite nervous about it, big game as you said with CRO and ENG to meet next + I really hope there will be no stupid things after the Rangers/Slavia controversy

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Someone posted this in the soccer forum, too good not to share

E32a3P2UYAQ6Hmq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions