Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Failure complete.

As someone who doesn't follow enough to understand all the statutes and roster moves type situations... From my understanding Soccer in the Olympics is like 23 & under(I think turning 23 the year of that Olympics), with a team allowed 2 or 3 overage selections.

Is there a reason why the US played an exhibition match against a lot of Northern Ireland back-ups in Northern Ireland and had some of their better under-23 members of the National Team in that game when they could have been qualifying for the Olympics playing in the game in Mexico? (Since it was said a lot of them if they got European club clearances would probably have played in the Olympics)

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
As someone who doesn't follow enough to understand all the statutes and roster moves type situations... From my understanding Soccer in the Olympics is like 23 & under(I think turning 23 the year of that Olympics), with a team allowed 2 or 3 overage selections.

Is there a reason why the US played an exhibition match against a lot of Northern Ireland back-ups in Northern Ireland and had some of their better under-23 members of the National Team in that game when they could have been qualifying for the Olympics playing in the game in Mexico? (Since it was said a lot of them if they got European club clearances would probably have played in the Olympics)

I read an article that raised that very question, and I don't think there was a good answer. Can't remember where I read it though.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
A bit random, but apparently Pep follows Matthew McConaughey. And Pep approves of America's national parks. I don't follow either of them but it showed up on my FB timeline.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1618264447957.jpg

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Umm sooo this video was taken earlier today during CZ top tier league match :laugh: Not sketchy at all :laugh:
(the guy to the right is wearing one of the teams' jacket)

Reactions: Starat327

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Just wanted to drop by and say f*** you Son, you cheating asshole.

Is it a foul to get hit in the face? If yes, then no one complains if the foul is called right away - the only reason it's even a controversy is because Man U scored shortly after.

It doesn't matter how light it is, a tap to the face is going to affect you/change your movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad