Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Lol, yes, Lloris was there. And yeah, it's crazy to think about how long it's been since Modric and then Bale left.
Wait...Modric left first? Wouldn’t have said that either!

Edit: if you say he played with Klinsman I’m going to rehab

Reactions: Starat327

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Awful few months in terms of deaths of legendary players...

Man City legend Bell dies aged 74

Man City's greatest ever player - Colin Bell - just passed away.

From 1966-1975 was arguably England's best midfielder after Charlton... similar type of player to a Steven Gerrard. 10-20 goals a year from midfield for his entire 10 year prime.

One of the first international players to take fitness and nutrition very seriously as well.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Looks like Leeds tried to rotate their squad in the FA Cup and failed miserably. Going to be interesting to see if they can keep their pace a play up in the League with such a small squad. This busy part of the schedule will tell the tale

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Looks like Leeds tried to rotate their squad in the FA Cup and failed miserably. Going to be interesting to see if they can keep their pace a play up in the League with such a small squad. This busy part of the schedule will tell the tale
The schedule condenses considerably around Christmas, so they're past the hardest part, especially with fewer Cup commitments now.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
The schedule condenses considerably around Christmas, so they're past the hardest part, especially with fewer Cup commitments now.
Yeah guess I was thinking of trying to squeeze in FA Cup, CL etc... still though with that pressing style, very interested to see how they hold up down the stretch

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
How is United top of the table? PL off this year? They are so inconsistent and lack clinical finishing. 2021

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
There is an article on Sky making a claim that Bruno is the new Cantona....2021 off to a crazy start!
If he leads United to 5 premier league titles in 6 years, 2 FA cups. Then we can anoint him the prince, until then he's just on a very good hot streak.

Theres only one King.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Liverpool - Man United? Big game for 1st place in the standings in January? Better put it on Peacock!

I don't care since it's currently included in my package with Comcast, but what is the long term goal here? Does NBC really think that people are going to subscribe to Peacock just for EPL soccer? The number of people willing to do that has to be so low.

Reactions: BigToe

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Liverpool - Man United? Big game for 1st place in the standings in January? Better put it on Peacock!

I don't care since it's currently included in my package with Comcast, but what is the long term goal here? Does NBC really think that people are going to subscribe to Peacock just for EPL soccer? The number of people willing to do that has to be so low.

I subscribe to several things to watch games. Then I cancel once its over. Peacock will be no different, same with CBS all access once Chelsea are out.

I abhor the model, but at the end of the day, im not missing those games. If I thought boycotting it would work, I'd do it but I know thats not realistic.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Yeah, no idea why this game isn’t on cable. Hard core PL fans probably already subscribe to Peacock. So instead of Man U/Liverpool they’re showing yet another episode of Mecum auto auctions on NBCSN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad