Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sheffield United have as many points in their last five games as Liverpool do...

what the hell.

In fairness, Liverpool had Jordan Henderson playing CB like 3 days ago. The fact that they were even able to remain competitive and in the hunt with the CBs they had to play is fairly impressive.

Reactions: Appleyard

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Lampard out at Chelsea. Surprised but not surprised.

Embarrassing. Not because I think he was a great manager, but because of the unceremonious way the club went about it. Bad run of form and you're out -- I expected a legend who was getting the play (i believe we would be in third by rating for xGF, if you belive in such a thing), but not the result would be slotted more time. Especially when he had a 72M player forced on him that he didn't want.

Ah well, what are you gonna do.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Pickford with another howler today, but Everton didn’t really deserve 3 points despite a moment of class by James.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
giphy.gif

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Lol VAR. 90+4, Haaland scores to make it 3:1 for Dortmund. Ref looks at video, sees a penalty-worthy foul on the other side of the field in the prior moments. Calls penalty for Paderborn, game is 2:2 instead and goes to OT.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
United just won 9-0. Three incorrect calls in the game, united robbed of a goal from an early whistle, then Saints absolutely robbed from the most ridiculous offside VAR call i've ever seen. Then to compound things, the refs give a penalty and a sending off when Martial clearly has a heavy touch and dives.

Refs really aren't covering themselves in glory right now.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
"Burnley 0-2 Man City: Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling score as leaders stretch unbeaten run

Free match highlights and report as City go three points clear with a game in hand; result means City are the first Premier League side since Arsenal between March and August 2002 to win 13 consecutive matches in all competitions; Burnley sit 16th, eight points clear of the drop zone" Burnley 0-2 Man City: Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling score as leaders stretch unbeaten run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad