Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
blah on that..i get not wanting to be ManU and ManCity and just buy buy buy..but the whole having to sell to buy is shite...more so being only 5 million apart on getting a guy you want is silly
They have lost a lot of money due to no fans. Plus this is the ownership that traded their best baseball player in 60 years because they were being cheap. Transfer window ends in a month. What is more concerning is how bad they have looked defensively since the restart.

They should have scored more today though.

Reactions: trostol

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
They have lost a lot of money due to no fans. Plus this is the ownership that traded their best baseball player in 60 years because they were being cheap. Transfer window ends in a month. What is more concerning is how bad they have looked defensively since the restart.

They should have scored more today though.

Who did the red Sox trade? And better than Pedro or Big Papi?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Who did the red Sox trade? And better than Pedro or Big Papi?
Betts, and I guess I should have wrote position player. Point still stands, that Liverpool wont be spending until they sell. The pandemic has hurt them along with many other clubs.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Betts, and I guess I should have wrote position player. Point still stands, that Liverpool wont be spending until they sell. The pandemic has hurt them along with many other clubs.

Ahh gotcha. That guy is good. Since moving to the west coast I’ve been out of touch with the east coast teams. Liverpool doesn’t have the deepest squad as is so this wacky transfer market will be tough on them for sure

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm just gonna come out and say it - glad to see Willian played well today. Though he's wearing the wrong color, the guy looked good and i'm happy for him.

Reactions: BigToe

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sad but possibly true.

It entirely possible I'm just forgetting someone but I cant think of any meaningful transfers recently. I say that mostly because I dont remember them, not because I'm trying to take a shot at Spurs. Has Ndonmbele looked decent when he's played?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It entirely possible I'm just forgetting someone but I cant think of any meaningful transfers recently. I say that mostly because I dont remember them, not because I'm trying to take a shot at Spurs. Has Ndonmbele looked decent when he's played?

Not especially, but Bergwijn has looked very good at times. I think it just remains to be seen whether he is one of “Jose’s guys”.

Reactions: Starat327

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
A beautiful beginning for Everton. All three signings fit in well, and they were more threatening to score in the last 15 minutes than Spurs were.

Reactions: BigToe

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Struggling to beat Brighton.. not a great look.

I know it's gonna take some time for people to gel a bit (that RLC/Werner run should have been automatic), but i imagine the "lol, 200M" comments are on their way from the pundits if this keeps up.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Struggling to beat Brighton.. not a great look.

I know it's gonna take some time for people to gel a bit (that RLC/Werner run should have been automatic), but i imagine the "lol, 200M" comments are on their way from the pundits if this keeps up.
They didn’t look great, but I’d take heart that they still have such immense talent that they won by 2, playing far from their best.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They didn’t look great, but I’d take heart that they still have such immense talent that they won by 2, playing far from their best.

Suppose thats not a terrible way to look at it. The second half was obviously much better than the first, and like I said, it'll take some time for everyone to kind of gel a bit. But I jiat expected us to look better defensively and that wasn't really the case. Hope it goes up from here, thats all.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It was the most condensed offseason in EPL history with basically no time to get everyone on the same page tactically before the season started proper.

It's going to be 6-7 games into the season before teams take form. Better to draw some bottom feeders early this year more than most seasons.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Suppose thats not a terrible way to look at it. The second half was obviously much better than the first, and like I said, it'll take some time for everyone to kind of gel a bit. But I jiat expected us to look better defensively and that wasn't really the case. Hope it goes up from here, thats all.
Yeah, I get it. I’m also not remotely emotionally invested in the team, so it’s easier to take a wait and see approach with Chelsea this year.

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad