Pre-Game Talk: So... will history repeat itself on Wednesday?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Last year we were 9-0 and our 10th game was against the Vancouver Canucks who ended up beating us 5-1 and therefore snapping our win streak and ending our record run.

This year we are 8-0-1, once again unbeaten (in regulation time) and on a record streak and this Wednesday we are facing the Vancouver Canucks again on game #10 on the season.

Will history repeat itself? Or will the unbeaten streak continue?

What do you guys think? Should we worry or are these Habs made of sterner stuff?

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Different team, different chemistry and leadership. Price rarely loses on home ice.

Habs win this Wednesday.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Last year we were 9-0 and our 10th game was against the Vancouver Canucks who ended up beating us 5-1 and therefore snapping our win streak and ending our record run.

Yeah, this definitely went through my head also. To be honest, last couple games gives me some pause for concern, but I am hoping the extended break recharges our batteries. The Canucks of late are the Canucks I expected and they were arguably very lucky at the start of the season as well. Also, we are playing at home so I expect us to continue our run since we are not losing any days travelling.

In terms of team make-up, we are a deeper team than Vancouver. Of course, this is the NHL and anything can happen, but I am not concerned.

Starting Saturday and for the next 6 games, we will need to bring our A game every night. Another effort like Saturday and we'll be screwed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A glance into the future... Habs lose on Wednesday but in OT so they remain undefeated in regulation. Habs win the next two against Col & Philly. But the streak might come to an end against the Bruins. Philly will test Mtl though on the 2nd of back the back games this Saturday!

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Would be difficult to lose against this Vancouver team that has trouble scoring 2 goals per game...But Miller has always been sharp against the Habs so maybe Canucks win 2-1 unless DD can pot a couple.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Underestimating the talent level of the Canucks, isn't a fault of Michel Therrien I assure you, especially when reminders of last season are everywhere. This team comes to win every night, rest assured of that, whomever is in nets winning is the only result the Habs expect from themselves.:nod::nod::nod:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Last year they went on a western road trip. This year seems like Habs have a front loaded schedule of home games.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Eventually the Habs will lose their first game and will lose games after that That's professional sports.

The Habs players and coaches understand this and have expectations that this will happen and deal with it.

How will some fans react? I guess we will find out.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Debbie Downer.

I hope we win them all this season.

I hope I meet Jennifer Anniston and she pays me $1 million to spend a year with her on a lush Caribbean island.

I'm prepared to be disappointed in both scenarios. ;)

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I hope we win them all this season.

I hope I meet Jennifer Anniston and she pays me $1 million to spend a year with her on a lush Caribbean island.

I'm prepared to be disappointed in both scenarios. ;)

You could have said every woman in the world and yet you say Jennifer Aniston... :confused:

seems like we disagree on other topics than just hockey :sarcasm:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

This year we are 8-0-1, once again unbeaten (in regulation time) and on a record streak and this Wednesday we are facing the Vancouver Canucks again on game #10 on the season.

Will history repeat itself? Or will the unbeaten streak continue?

What do you guys think? Should we worry or are these Habs made of sterner stuff?

Cheers!

I'll say no cause Montya didn't play any games last year...;)

How about we run to 22-0-4 ....;)

We gotta lose at some point , so if history repeats so be it .

The big key is to have a good solid November...

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
Yeah, this definitely went through my head also. To be honest, last couple games gives me some pause for concern, but I am hoping the extended break recharges our batteries. The Canucks of late are the Canucks I expected and they were arguably very lucky at the start of the season as well. Also, we are playing at home so I expect us to continue our run since we are not losing any days travelling.

In terms of team make-up, we are a deeper team than Vancouver. Of course, this is the NHL and anything can happen, but I am not concerned.

Starting Saturday and for the next 6 games, we will need to bring our A game every night. Another effort like Saturday and we'll be screwed.
It's very much cause for concern

:teach:

wade

Sep 11, 2005
no because 8-0-1 is not the same as 9-0-0, to me, it's still not the same. face it, we lost one already even if it was in shootout.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad