So...Who`s going to make it impossible for Julien to Cut??

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
All kinds of opinions about who`ll slot in where when it comes to the few spots up front.

I`m not like our old buddy Dojji, don`t have the patience to do a poll but pretty simple question, and I`m hoping this doesn`t turn into a "we gotta move Kelly" thread:laugh:

Your opinion......who`s going to force his way onto the roster??

I wish I could offer my opinion as I just haven`t watched enough PB games to judge the talent, nor have I seen a kid like Pastrnak play.

Guess work here, but Florek with some time last year, did an unspectacular yet solid job while up so I`ll take him as my pick

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
All kinds of opinions about who`ll slot in where when it comes to the few spots up front.

I`m not like our old buddy Dojji, don`t have the patience to do a poll but pretty simple question, and I`m hoping this doesn`t turn into a "we gotta move Kelly" thread:laugh:

Your opinion......who`s going to force his way onto the roster??

I wish I could offer my opinion as I just haven`t watched enough PB games to judge the talent, nor have I seen a kid like Pastrnak play.

Guess work here, but Florek with some time last year, did an unspectacular yet solid job while up so I`ll take him as my pick

Why should this thread be any different from every other hockey related thread on this page? :laugh:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Spooner- Bruins don't seem to want Spooner on the wing and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else for him to play but he's going to be so good in camp they'll HAVE to keep him.

Pastrnak- Day1 of development camp you could see this kid had something special. He went on to have a better DC than Seguin or Kessel. Then he went to the WJC camp and tore that up. That second game he played against the Canadians- a team filled with future all-stars and franchise players- was something to watch (5pt night). I also think there's a Samsonov quality to his experience- this is not some junior or high school player- this is a kid who played professionally last year, against grown men, and he LED them in scoring at age 17. I think the B's would rather he take the year to get stronger, but I also think he's going to dazzle in training camp, and make it a very tough decision on them.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Not sure yet but I think this team is weak on the right side so if someone makes a case it will either be someone on the right wing or someone on the left with the possibilty of CJ moving someone to the off wing.

Either way I say the only one with a shot is a winger.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Would love to see Pastrnak get a spot but if there's only 2 spots I would say Koko for 3rd line RW and maybe Knight to replace Thornton's spot if he can have a great camp.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Campbell will be dealt...

Bottom two lines will be

Koko-Soderberg-Fraser
Paille-Kelly-Knight

you might be correct but that is a lot of $$$ for a 4th line center

edit: but I would put that list of centers against any in the NHL.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Spooner- Bruins don't seem to want Spooner on the wing and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else for him to play but he's going to be so good in camp they'll HAVE to keep him.

Pastrnak- Day1 of development camp you could see this kid had something special. He went on to have a better DC than Seguin or Kessel. Then he went to the WJC camp and tore that up. That second game he played against the Canadians- a team filled with future all-stars and franchise players- was something to watch (5pt night). I also think there's a Samsonov quality to his experience- this is not some junior or high school player- this is a kid who played professionally last year, against grown men, and he LED them in scoring at age 17. I think the B's would rather he take the year to get stronger, but I also think he's going to dazzle in training camp, and make it a very tough decision on them.

Damn, Bill. You are not making my decision not to fall in love with Pastrnak so quickly, easy.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Have to go with Spooner, his speed is something the B's need, the entire Bruins brass knows it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Simon Gagne is my guess. Not that he makes it impossible, just that Julien will certainly keep him...

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Whom ever has a great camp. I'm sure their waiting for someone to grab a spot. If not, Gagne would be my guess.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Robins and Fraser. Dark horse Camara. Robins and Fraser have to clear waivers, Camara doesn't so he would really have to have a great camp to make it but I think he is capable of making an impact if he hits like he did in juniors and crashes the net.

Still think a deal is going to have to be made which could change my predictions.

Last edited:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I think Spooner. He looked really solid at times last season but was missing consistency. I think his speed and skill are needed on the team and it'll be too hard for Julien to cut him given our needs.

Depending on Kelly, I think the lines will looks somehting like this:

Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Paille - Soderberg - Spooner
Florek - Campbell - Caron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad