Speculation: So...Who is Lou Lamoriello trading the Isles 1st for this year...?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Scarborough is not local to Long Island. However, Franklin Square is a town over from Elmont (the town UBS is located in). You know who's from Franklin Square? Bet365's own Shane Pinto.
I was thinking more in terms of a local metro team than a hometown type thing. Toffoli can be traded and plays for the Islanders the same day. He doesn't have to move his current home if he doesn't want to, etc. Ultimately, Lou will add someone he sees as making a difference and at least the Islanders are still in position to make a run. This season is over for NJ.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I was thinking more in terms of a local metro team than a hometown type thing. Toffoli can be traded and plays for the Islanders the same day. He doesn't have to move his current home if he doesn't want to, etc. Ultimately, Lou will add someone he sees as making a difference and at least the Islanders are still in position to make a run. This season is over for NJ.
I know what you meant but it was fun to pull a Pierre Mcguire and ramble about random information. If the Islanders and Devils do make a move, I fully expect Oliver Wahlstrom to be going the other way.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
What are their current playoff odds, 25%?

Lou's not trading another first this year, maybe a 2nd.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

I'll seriously bet you $100 that Lou trades the Isles 2024 1st. The facts...

• Lou's admitted they're not selling.
  • Team playing better lately/only a few points out of a playoff spot.
  • He legit doesn't even know how to rebuild a team (even if he should).
  • He's 81 years old.
  • Oh and he's traded their 1st rounder each of the last 4 years.

So...Deal?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
What NYI need - swiss army knife player who can PK, but won't cost a 1st round pick:

- Adam Henrique (good fit, but too expensive to acquire)
- Alex Wennberg (decent fit, but probably too expensive to acquire)
- Alex Kerfoot (pro: good fit / con: paid too much next year)
- Nick Bjugstad (pro: excellent fit / con: ARI won't want to move him)
- Lars Eller (pro: good fit / con: extra year is meh)

Of all of these, Kerfoot might make the most sense.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

Idk how you get a percentage there but they are 4 points out I believe, have an easy schedule compared to other teams too. Also, relatively healthy compared to how the looked early in the year.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Every night I pray to God that Lou’s one of those hockey guys who loves Josh Anderson
$5.5m for 3 more seasons is longer then Lou’s shelf life. I can’t see him loving a guy like Josh Anderson. Possibly a guy like Nick Suzuki however. Named after a nice forge in vehicle and can play at the same pace as guys in the top 6. He’s only a 60 point guy so it shouldn’t cost more than Wahlstrom, Robin Salo and a 2nd with a guy like Pageau to offset the cap hit. We’ll revisit this deal in the summer.

What NYI need - swiss army knife player who can PK, but won't cost a 1st round pick:

- Adam Henrique (good fit, but too expensive to acquire)
- Alex Wennberg (decent fit, but probably too expensive to acquire)
- Alex Kerfoot (pro: good fit / con: paid too much next year)
- Nick Bjugstad (pro: excellent fit / con: ARI won't want to move him)
- Lars Eller (pro: good fit / con: extra year is meh)

Of all of these, Kerfoot might make the most sense.
How many of these guys have the wonderful UFA label attached to them come July? I don’t want anyone who doesn’t on this list.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
How many of these guys have the wonderful UFA label attached to them come July? I don’t want anyone who doesn’t on this list.
Getting a guy with one extra year is FAR better than trading a 1st round pick imo. Idk, but I think that's obvious. It could all go wrong, and losing a lottery pick would be disastrous.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'll seriously bet you $100 that Lou trades the Isles 2024 1st. The facts...

• Lou's admitted they're not selling.
  • Team playing better lately/only a few points out of a playoff spot.
  • He legit doesn't even know how to rebuild a team (even if he should).
  • He's 81 years old.
  • Oh and he's traded their 1st rounder each of the last 4 years.

So...Deal?

I can confirm that Periferal does pay if he loses his bets. He's not blowing smoke when he agrees to bet.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Getting a guy with one extra year is FAR better than trading a 1st round pick imo. Idk, but I think that's obvious. It could all go wrong, and losing a lottery pick would be disastrous.
I don’t want any of those guys with term honestly. Wennberg possibly but no need for any of them overall when it comes to upgrading. They need to move on from Martin, Cal and Wahlstrom up front then see what they have in the system first. Maggio, Dufour or Iskhakov could step in and be the perfect match for substantially cheaper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad