Speculation: So Who Gets Recalled: Dumoulin, Despres or Harrington?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
There is no reason to think another D will be called up. Bortuzzo and Engo fill that need. Closing. This is just going to become a Bylsma bash-fest. If someone else gets dinged up or next game it's clear Engo is staying at F and we're going to be calling up different D, we can re-open it.

I doubt any one of Despres, Dumoulin or Harrington would get more than a few games before Disco sent the first guy down and recalled one of the others. (See? Even I can't help myself. But seriously, we still have 7 healthy D.)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Re-opening since Scuds is out long-term. Do not turn this into a Bylsma bash-fest or I will burn this barn to the ground with my evil light sabre.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd guess the next in line would be Mikkelson. He's the most experienced, is playing well, and you don't lose anything by sitting him in the press box.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
My memory is a bit fuzzy... how did Despres look with Letang last year? IIRC, didn't it force Letang to play "babysitter" a bit more, and by extension, force him to play a simpler, defense-first game (shocking for a defenseman, I know).

I hate the idea of a Letang/Niskanen line, but I also hate the idea of breaking up Maatta/Bort, and to a lesser degree, Martin/Orpik. Still think Niskanen is the odd man out, but with Scuderi going down for months (presumably), it reduces the chance Shero deals anyone on the blueline from "cold day in hell" to "literally zero".

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
One doughnut would never be enough, you'd only anger him.

Sith Lords require a baker's dozen, or go home. Does my service to this board mean nothing to you people?!
I open a thread, I have to buy someone a doughnut... is that how this works?

546donuts.png

Incidentally... I prefer maple frosted to the filled kind and for God's sake no sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

Stewie4010608112607.gif

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
My memory is a bit fuzzy... how did Despres look with Letang last year? IIRC, didn't it force Letang to play "babysitter" a bit more, and by extension, force him to play a simpler, defense-first game (shocking for a defenseman, I know).

They looked great together. Both played some of their best hockey and Letang even said he felt like he played a more responsible game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad