So who are the Black Aces?

Chauncey

Sep 15, 2008
So we know Greening, Michalek, Lehner, Phillips, Cowen are floating around in the rafters. How many can you put on your active playoff roster and who from Bingo should get a shot after their season ends? Prince? Schneider? Robinson? Wideman? Claeson? Just skating with the team will be good for their development Remember what Stone and Pageau did a couple of years ago

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I'm gonna assume Derek Grant, Prince, Robinson, and Wideman all get the call. Perhaps Claesson as well depending on Phillips health.

...I also wouldn't rule out Nick Paul as a possibility

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm gonna assume Derek Grant, Prince, Robinson, and Wideman all get the call. Perhaps Claesson as well depending on Phillips health.

...I also wouldn't rule out Nick Paul as a possibility

Paul will 100% be a black ace if eliminated in the OHL. Also has 0% chance to play, but will get use to the atmosphere.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Paul will 100% be a black ace if eliminated in the OHL. Also has 0% chance to play, but will get use to the atmosphere.

Stone was a black ace a few years ago after he was eliminated from the WHL playoffs, and ended up coming in to a game against the Rangers and setting up Spezza for the GWG.

Chances are Paul won't play...but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Stone was a black ace a few years ago after he was eliminated from the WHL playoffs, and ended up coming in to a game against the Rangers and setting up Spezza for the GWG.

Chances are Paul won't play...but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

We didn't have the depth we have now. Greening, Neil, Smith may all be on the outside, with Prince, Schnieder, and Robinson all up as well. I highly doubt Paul will get consideration this year.

BigBush*

I could see Wideman maybe getting a shot when Gryba gets suspended 2 games for a borderline late hit.

Although I'm shocked Ottawa didn't find a way to get the AHLs best defencemen into a few NHL games this season

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I could see Wideman maybe getting a shot when Gryba gets suspended 2 games for a borderline late hit.

Although I'm shocked Ottawa didn't find a way to get the AHLs best defencemen into a few NHL games this season

Yea, me too. Wideman could be real effective vs Montreal too, especially on PP.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008

A lot of people have this bizarre idea that if a player does well in the AHL, he'll never make it in the NHL.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Especially when he is a ufa

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's pretty obvious why he wasn't given a chance...

We were in the middle of a desperate rally to the playoffs.

If we were comfortably in or out of the playoffs - he would have been given a chance.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Murray even said in his interviews recently that they had wanted to bring up some guys from the Bingo team but they just couldn't mess with the team and the run they were on. Wideman was named at the deadline as one of the guys that was going to get some games.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

They were planning to. But then things got out of hand.

BigBush*

They were planning to. But then things got out of hand.

Ya, for sure. Especially since we already had 8 dman on 1 way contracts.

If he breaks out with another team management will he kicking themselves

member 248215

I'm still really hoping they give Prince a call. He was great in his short stint this year and with Ryan-Zibanejad-Hoffman cooling off it would be nice to have a small scoring threat on the fourth line.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Prince, Paul, Schneider(4th leading goal scorer ahl), Wideman and dreidger.

Schnieder has some size and goal scoring ability. Cant ask for anything more

Could also see harpur and claessan

I want to see what schneider can do. He's been very consistent since his last year of college

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It might be an ace in the hole to have a couple of these kids with fresh legs inserted into the roster. A couple guys like Wideman or Prince could do some serious damage.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
For now I'd assume Greening, Smith, Neil, Cowen, Dreidger. Phillips on IR.

Hope they add Prince, Schneider, Paul, Robinson, Wideman, Claesson for experience.

How many can a team carry? Sounds like that's too many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad