So which system do you like better?

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Really? You prefer your team blowing 3-0 and 4-2 leads? Every time the opposition enters our zone I feel as though they're going to score. :scared:

Hartley's system is entertaining with an unpredictable (or seemingly so) Calgary Flames team. The team has shown the potential to come back from a 2+ goal deficit. Under Sutter if the Flames were down by 2 I had already written the game off as a loss.

Sep 13, 2009
Hartley's system is entertaining with an unpredictable (or seemingly so) Calgary Flames team. The team has shown the potential to come back from a 2+ goal deficit. Under Sutter if the Flames were down by 2 I had already written the game off as a loss.

How are they unpredictable? I expected them to lose that game tonight. I also expect them to pick in the top 5 this June (provided they don't trade the pick away).

I hate this team. :madfire:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hartley is always adaptable. He was very defensive-minded with the Avs when he had Roy in net, a solid blueline, and a great offense that at times was short on depth. I can see why when he's got a defender like Jay Bouwmeester that he's encouraging the guy to jump into the play whenever possible.

If the squad were built more around goaltending and had 1-2 elite stay-at-home defenders, I think you'd see Hartley employing something different.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How are they unpredictable? I expected them to lose that game tonight. I also expect them to pick in the top 5 this June (provided they don't trade the pick away).

I hate this team. :madfire:
you make this abundantly clear when you troll the Flames in the trade section every other day. If you hate this team find another. It's that simple.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Or get a roster assembled that can do both. I wouldn't pin this horrid defense entirely on Hartley. I've been saying this for a while now - the Flames can either play defense or offense, but not both at the same time. And the roster assembled has a lot to do with that.

While Brent Sutter was head coach, the team did not have a lot of offensive depth. With Hartley as coach, you have a really skilled team with more than a few players who are very questionable defensively (Cammalleri, Wideman, Cervenka, etc.).

As for the systems, at least Hartley's is entertaining. With Sutter you were not only bored out of your mind, but the Flames didn't win much either.

I think it's a stretch to say that Calgary is a "really skilled team". They are more skilled than last year, but are still, when compared to the better teams in the league, only moderately skilled. And a lot of the skill is older and regressing.

At the end of the day, Calgary just isn't all that good.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I ask again, which system do you like better? I guess the better question is, which loss do you like better - 2-1 or 5-4? :thumbd:
hooray-people-are-paying-attention-to-me.gif

weephil56

Feb 28, 2013
Belfast
This team sucks they have no wow factor no one to change a game. Don't understand why we haven't just traded and got it over and done with rebuild become better in the future cause this team isnt going anywhere but the golf course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad