So - where exactly do you see the Canucks in 2-3 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
He found a way to mention Butcher's agent's name in the first tweet. :D.

But seriously - out of all the things to omit, why would he omit the agent's name? If the agent was in fact his source, Dhaliwal mentioning the agent's name would have added far more credibility.

"Bartlett - Canucks never expressed interest in Will Butcher." (less than 140 characters)

Jeez man. Linden himself said they werent in on Butcher what else do you need? Jim Benning knocking on your door and telling you in person that they never made an offer for him?

Will Butcher

Linden said that the Canucks were indeed after Alex Kerfoot, but mentioned that him being from Vancouver actually could have worked against them. Kerfoot signed in Colorado, citing a good opportunity for him to jump right to the NHL. He also confirmed that the Canucks are not in on Will Butcher or any other NCAA free agents. Butcher is expected to sign this Sunday, and Vancouver has never been involved.

And for those saying Butcher was looking for opportunity to play but didnt see it with Vancouver, here you have it from his agent.

That is not sounding like the Butcher camp had no interest to sign with Vancouver

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Jeez man. Linden himself said they werent in on Butcher what else do you need? Jim Benning knocking on your door and telling you in person that they never made an offer for him?

Will Butcher

And for those saying Butcher was looking for opportunity to play but didnt see it with Vancouver, here you have it from his agent.

That is not sounding like the Butcher camp had no interest to sign with Vancouver

Fair enough.

I still think Linden saying, "we are not in on Butcher," doesn't equate to, "We never even sent out a feeler initially," but whatever. I think this is getting a bit silly. Butcher found an opportunity that fit his needs and is making the most of it. More power to him. Benning has put his faith in Hutton and Pouliot, and we'll see what becomes of them.

Cheers.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Fair enough.

I still think Linden saying, "we are not in on Butcher," doesn't equate to, "We never even sent out a feeler initially," but whatever. I think this is getting a bit silly. Butcher found an opportunity that fit his needs and is making the most of it. More power to him. Benning has put his faith in Hutton and Pouliot, and we'll see what becomes of them.

Cheers.
The Canucks didn’t have Pouliot yet.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Fair enough.

Cheers.

And that’s the thing. If the Canucks had at least made an offer for Butcher, been rejected, and then “put their faith” in Hutton and Stecher no one would have a real problem with it.

But it looks more like they put their faith in Hutton, Stecher, and (eventually) acquiring a guy that was about to go on waivers ahead of trying to add Butcher.

Given how the season has gone for all the players in this scenario it is (once again) a damning indication of Benning’s scouting ability.

I can see why you want so badly to discredit this scenario - it does make Benning look quite inept - but you have to go to pretty great lengths of “scepticism” to ignore it.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
LOL, believe what you want dude. If Butcher himself didn't have an interest in coming here (based on the combination of Vancouver being a Canadian city, and Benning not guaranteeing a roster spot), and Benning/Linden were eliminated by Butcher extremely early in the process (after a quick phone call/feeler sent), then Benning's hands were tied. Meh - we're spinning in circles. The idea or notion that a professional GM would not even contact a Top collegiate prospect is utterly ridiculous.

How can someone be so deep in denial like this

The notion that a professional gm would offer Eriksson a 36 million dollar contract is ridiculous.

The notion that a professional gm would target Sbisa as the main piece while trading away Kesler and sign him to a 3mil+ contract is ridiculous.

The notion that a professional gm thought Sutter was a foundational player and signed him to a 4 million dollar contract is ridiculous.

The notion that a professional gm would target the likes of Sbisa clendenning Bartkowski gudbransson Larsen Holm Pouliot while attempting to build a d corps is ridiculous.

The notion that a professional gm thoight that this team would be among the elite teams in the league this year is ridiculous.

Yes if this were another gm the idea that they wouldn't even call to find out if there is any interest might be ridiculous. For Benning this level of stupidity is the norm

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Fair enough.

Cheers.
I believe Dhaliwal even tweeted that after FA started the Canucks did not call Butcher's agent.

Reactions: racerjoe

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Lol. I have no problem accepting things I don't like. It just seems strange to me (direct quote in one tweet, no direct quote in another).

As far as the credibility of Canucks Army is concerned, HF seems to share my viewpoint. "How do I know?" you may ask? Pretend to create a thread. On the left, you will have pre-fix options that specifically relate to Vancouver (MacIntyre, Botchford, etc.). Canucks Army is nowhere to be found.

Holy f*** man. It's not strange at all.

And the HF mods have recognized Canucks Army as a credible source. That's why I was able to post the rumour in the first place. Just because there's no title for Canucks Army doesn't mean they aren't credible. There's no prefix for ESPN, or Jeff Paterson, or Ray Ferraro on the Canucks forum...does that mean HF doesn't think they're credible either?

Seriously. Just because you don't like this report doesn't mean it's not real.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
thats a terminal case of denial

Its ongoing for a while (not even sure why) but last time was just yesterday:

If he did, then bravo.........but answer me this:

Why would Dhaliwal give a direct quote from Butcher's agent, when Butcher's agent said (I'm paraphrasing), "We are listening to all offers. If the Canucks contact us, we will listen," but then NOT give a direct from Butcher's agent when Dhaliwal said (I'm paraphrasing), "The Canucks weren't interested in Butcher."

Why give a Direct Quote for the first, and NOT give a Direct Quote for the 2nd? It just goes back to my main point. If Dhaliwal didn't get that 2nd opinion from Butcher's agent (Canucks not being interested in Butcher), then where did Dhaliwal get that information from?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Shutting this down. I think we've deviated enough from the original question that the discussion that is taking place now can simply be taken to the Management thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad