So...when does Jeff Blashill get fired?

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Babcock was and is a great coach, but his time had come to an end in Detroit. The players had had enough of his hard-ass approach. The fans had had enough of his grinding, vet-first approach. Everyone was ready to move on.

Blashill had done a great job in GR, developed a load of kids and won a championship. He had the misfortune to take over a terrible roster with overpaid vets, no Datsyuk and no D. The best he could have done is to continue to grind our way into 8th. I feel sorry for him in a way, he's the one suffering for Holland's terrible roster management.

I believe this post is a very accurate representation of what happened and Wings fans general thoughts on the whole ordeal and current situation.

Yes, it was the right time for Babs to leave. Yes, Blash had all the criteria to be the logical and attractive next coach. No, he hasn't had a great team to coach. No, he hasn't lived up to most everyone's expectations, and many question if he's still the right fit at all.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
He will probably finish the season as wings coach, but man i can't look at his strange facial expressions during games without my bloodpressure going through the roof, especially when the opponents run up the score (often). I don't even want to mention these habits of breaking up good working lines and holding on to lines that don't work

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
He will probably finish the season as wings coach, but man i can't look at his strange facial expressions during games without my bloodpressure going through the roof, especially when the opponents run up the score (often). I don't even want to mention these habits of breaking up good working lines and holding on to lines that don't work

I don't mind the facial expressions, but I have a conspiracy theory that he purposefully lowered the tone of his voice to sound like Babcock at some point. I know that sounds super weird, and also like I shouldn't care either way. But there was certainly a time when he did not sound like he does now (Youtube it).

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I don't mind the facial expressions, but I have a conspiracy theory that he purposefully lowered the tone of his voice to sound like Babcock at some point. I know that sounds super weird, and also like I shouldn't care either way. But there was certainly a time when he did not sound like he does now (Youtube it).

I noticed the same - paired with his behavior during games and you get the impression of a man not being very selfconfident

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad