So...when does Jeff Blashill get fired?

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Quite frankly, this guy is one of, if not the worst coach in hockey. The team looks like junk. So when does he get fired?

Hopefully soon, but I can see Holland allowing him to finish the year. I wanted him gone last year so we can get Gallant, but it looks like if Holland fires him he wants a long term replacement ready, opposed to an interim

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The afternoon of the day Holland gets removed as GM. Don't know why Holland gets a pass. The long term contracts he has given out to some middling players and their cap situation will take years to get out of. Holland was good in a non cap world when he could buy players and sell futures to win cups.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I would have told you a year ago, so who knows. He is definitely part of the problem. The team has become even worse at moving the puck and Zetterberg is the only player who has not seen a decline under Blashill.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Thanks for Babcock!
You're welcome.

Babcock saw the writing on the wall and smartly left. He's a great coach but ultimately it's a good thing he's no longer in Detroit. Bringing in Blashill helped expose just how bad the roster is. Had Babcock stayed he might have ground out some more wins from this team and prolonged the obvious need for a rebuild.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Tough to judge him. He doesn't exactly have a lot to work with. The fact that the Wings haven't been a total embarrassment in these past two years is a pretty good achievement from the coach if anything.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I get the feeling he's losing the room. But I always ask this of his critics.

Do you think they're a playoff team? I do not.

Look at the roster. Imagine Babcock or even Scotty f***ing Bowman coaching this team. Babcock had a couple of seasons near the end of his run in Detroit where the team *barely* made the playoffs. Once literally on the last day of the season. That was with a younger Zetterberg and a team that still had Datsyuk. Datsyuk.

I can understand thinking Blash isn't getting 100% out of his squad, but I don't see where any coach takes this crap roster and turns it into a playoff team much less a contender. It's a bad roster. Look at the defense. Look at who's leading the forwards. A 37 year old is our undisputed 1C. We're in some damn trouble and 90% of it isn't the coach.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Quite frankly, this guy is one of, if not the worst coach in hockey. The team looks like junk. So when does he get fired?
Yeah probably soon that game today was their worse effort ever. What an embarrassing loss their fans and team dont deserve that. Todays game should be the lowest point of the season cant lose like that

Reactions: Melrose Munch

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I read a long piece (Craig Custnace?) on Todd Nelson and the impact he's had in Grand Rapids.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Once they get Dahlin. But really, the Wings aren't a diamond covered with Blashill's crap, they're crap covered with crap.

They'll go on a
I get the feeling he's losing the room. But I always ask this of his critics.

Do you think they're a playoff team? I do not.

Look at the roster. Imagine Babcock or even Scotty ****ing Bowman coaching this team. Babcock had a couple of seasons near the end of his run in Detroit where the team *barely* made the playoffs. Once literally on the last day of the season. That was with a younger Zetterberg and a team that still had Datsyuk. Datsyuk.

I can understand thinking Blash isn't getting 100% out of his squad, but I don't see where any coach takes this crap roster and turns it into a playoff team much less a contender. It's a bad roster. Look at the defense. Look at who's leading the forwards. A 37 year old is our undisputed 1C. We're in some damn trouble and 90% of it isn't the coach.

The GM, coaches, entire scouting staff should go. The rebuild should've started the moment they collapsed and lost game 7 to Chicago. Instead, they decided to " compete" by winning a total of 5 playoff games over the next three seasons. The Legwand trade, Quincey, Howard, Abdelkater, Helm, Nielsen, Dekeyser, Daly, Ericsson, and Blashill hires were all disasters.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
This will be Holland's last season, he doesn't have the balls to fire Blash because he's loyal to a fault and Blash is part of the country club. The new GM will fire Blash immediately.

Todd Nelson will probably get a shot first and foremost.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00