Speculation: So, what team are you rooting against in the Olympics?

AZPenguins

Aug 25, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Then this place will be all like...

"Crosby wasn't the right choice for Captain, if Toews had the C, we might still be in this...Sabotage Sid."

Hmm, didn't think of that but you are 100% correct. How about Sid destroys but they still lose and the elimination game is lost on a Toews turn over?

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
I want Canada to beat up on Russia in the final. So I really want Russia to do well until then. And I like the aesthetics of their game as well, so I like watching them.

The USA can crash and burn in the prelims for all I care.

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
Being involved as a coach at two Summer Olympics, dealing with politics and NGBs partial ways, I'm rooting for athletes (our Pens). I want to see Malkin vs Crosby in the final. Don't care much for the whole USA USA USA stuff because these guys behind the NGBs are all about their jobs first and athletes last. Not to be misconstrued as non #merica supporter. Just basing it off of crap behind the scenes. It's disgusting. I was really happy when Sid scored that goal too.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
There is nothing that I would enjoy seeing more in these Olympics than seeing Malkin used by his coach to kill a penalty against Team USA and scoring a shortie and then on his next shift dancing Brooks Orpik to score the game winner.

That would be a thing of beauty :nod:

As for who I least want to see medal ... Canada. Mostly because I'm tired of hearing about how they could ice two Olympic teams, and hockey is Canada's game and all the other cliches that get repeated ad nauseum.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
This is a Pittsburgh Penguins board and we have more people rooting against the USA than any other team? What is going on here haha

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
This is a Pittsburgh Penguins board and we have more people rooting against the USA than any other team? What is going on here haha

I don't really get the hate part but we are plenty of Canadians cheering on our Pens:yo:

I'd love to see another Canada-USA finals, 2002 and 2012 was a great finals

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I love Geno, but I hate Russian hockey. I hate Ovechkin with a passion because he symbolizes everything that got wrong with Russian hockey in the last 30 years. Overrated unidimensional offensive players are heroes there. Malkin and Datsyuk should be the poster boys, not losers like Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Radulov.

So yeah, Russia.

We have a rivalry with the USA, but I respect their hockey and don't "hate" them. I don't like Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel, but that's it.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
The country I most dislike in hockey is, and always has been, Russia. Sorry Geno.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Aside from Penguin fans from other countries, I can't help wonder if some of those rooting against team USA may also be Penguin fans that realize that it would be that much harder/less likely for the organization to consider parting ways with a gold medal winning coach even if there is yet another embarrassing NHL playoff exit or two...

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
I voted for Canada cause they are the Yankees of the the tournament with all that talent.

Sweden,Slovakia,and the Czechs are easy to root against. No pens. No interest.

I don't really count the huge underdogs in this theory.

Michael8771*

Congrats to Slovenia, first ever win in the Olympics! And deservedly so, 3-1 over those heathens from Slovokia.:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad