Speculation: So, what team are you rooting against in the Olympics?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I wish that there was an option for not hating any team.

There are teams that I could care less about, but honestly none that I hate.

Especially with Crosby and Kunitz on Canada and Malkin on Russia, hell we have Pens on a third of the teams in the Olympics, it is hard to get any kind of hate on.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I don't think I'll root against anybody. I just enjoy the tournament. I want USA to win. If they can't win then I'd want Geno and his Russian team to win since it's in Russia and that would be pretty cool. Mostly I just hope our players gets out of this healthy though.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
With apologies to the OP - Sweden...though it's not so much root against them as much as it is just the fact that they're my least favorite of the 12 choices.

No Penguins on the roster, a history of Red Wings, and my loyalties to Denmark and Finland play into that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There is nothing that I would enjoy seeing more in these Olympics than seeing Malkin used by his coach to kill a penalty against Team USA and scoring a shortie and then on his next shift dancing Brooks Orpik to score the game winner.

Aside from that, I'm not rooting against any person, team, or country.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
I wish that there was an option for not hating any team.

There are teams that I could care less about, but honestly none that I hate.

Especially with Crosby and Kunitz on Canada and Malkin on Russia, hell we have Pens on a third of the teams in the Olympics, it is hard to get any kind of hate on.

To be fair I says which one likes the least and is NT of so little importance in the states that you don't have any rivals?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
With apologies to the OP - Sweden...though it's not so much root against them as much as it is just the fact that they're my least favorite of the 12 choices.

No Penguins on the roster, a history of Red Wings, and my loyalties to Denmark and Finland play into that.

Klara Wester, the Swedish fashion model, told me that you make her sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you

To be fair if I wasn't a Swede I would also rot against Sweden, it's more people from my dislike list then from my like list on the team.

AZPenguins

Aug 25, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I wanted Canada out as quickly as possible. Partially because I want Sid coming back pissed off and hungry and partially because, well, it's Canada.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Hey Latvia, you think you're so cool with your plural sounding names?

Here's another plural word for you:losses

As in what you'll be experiencing at the Olympics.

Boom!

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I need more than one pick. I also need a "Can't be bothered to properly root against one, I don't even hate the Olympics, I just don't care," option.

I mean, I would like Bylsma (and Bruce) to fail for the sake of the Pens and Russia has that whole thing we're not supposed to talk about going on... but I'm not going to pretend I care enough about the Olympics to actually really root against anyone. Can apathy be an option? Or Bylspik?

Meh.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wanted Canada out as quickly as possible. Partially because I want Sid coming back pissed off and hungry and partially because, well, it's Canada.

Then this place will be all like...

"Crosby wasn't the right choice for Captain, if Toews had the C, we might still be in this...Sabotage Sid."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad