So... What Is Gauthier Exactly?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The goat's offense plateaued right after he was drafted, if he continued to develop offensively he could have been a beauty, he has decent hands.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
He can more or less keep up out there and doesn't try anything out of his skill set, which limits any detriment on ice. However, he does nothing particularly well and is a fringe-to-below-fringe-NHLer. And I like the guy.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I could accept that if he could be depended on late in the game to protect a lead. Instead he gets to sit and watch planted on the bench and without having to buy a ticket.
Funny that every other coach he’s ever had (going off memory of past articles and quotes from coaches, including national junior coaches) entrusted him in this exact situation.
I thought Babs did his first year, but less as time wore on...I wonder why?
And I don’t see why he can’t penalty kill....he always has done that too.

Reactions: Its not your fault

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Is anyone asking the big question?

How could Dubas sleep at night knowing that The Goat was his 4th line C going into the playoffs ?

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
He's 6'5" every time he steps on the ice. All he's ever done is win.

WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING MORE????

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
We need improvements on 3C and 4C. It's hard to even imagine why anyone would be in favour of Kadri or Gauthier.

I agree...Kadri 1 or 2 centre on many teams.

in 2016-17 and 2017-18 guess how many centres scored 30+ plus goals? Answer 19

in 2016-17 and 2017-18 guess how many centres scored 30+ plus goals both years? Answer 3

Not McDavid, Crosby, MacKinnon, Tavares, Seguin, Scheifele, Kopitar, Giroux.

I will give you a hint. One is Kadri, the other 2 are, Matthews, and Malkin.

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I agree...Kadri 1 or 2 centre on many teams.

in 2016-17 and 2017-18 guess how many centres scored 30+ plus goals? Answer 19

in 2016-17 and 2017-18 guess how many centres scored 30+ plus goals both years? Answer 3

Not McDavid, Crosby, MacKinnon, Tavares, Seguin, Scheifele, Kopitar, Giroux.

I will give you a hint. One is Kadri, the other 2 are, Matthews, and Malkin.

Thanks for including me in your internal dialogue.

:eek:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Ask yourself. Which one of the final 4 teams can he play for

Not a chance in any the teams. He looked better than what he is because we had him compare to Par Lindholm who really sucked

He was out muscled twice by David Krajeci in game 2. Let that sink in

Babcock loves his pet projects. Patrick eaves , Dan Cleary, glendening and abdelkader.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
In fact, didn't Toronto draft him specifically because of the meltdown in game seven against Boston in 2013?

Yea getting players like Gaut in the 1st and signing players like Clarkson are perfect examples of what happens when you evaluate your team solely by how they perform in the playoffs.

Reactions: Menzinger

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Not a great skater to begin with, his leg injury 2/3 years back really stalled his progress. He may improve, he may not. I’m inclined to see how he performs next year as I’m in a good mood and I believe he’s earned some slack. Add 10 points, a bit more jam and some continued development trend and you’ve got a serviceable 4 C in most organizations.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Funny that every other coach he’s ever had (going off memory of past articles and quotes from coaches, including national junior coaches) entrusted him in this exact situation.
I thought Babs did his first year, but less as time wore on...I wonder why?
And I don’t see why he can’t penalty kill....he always has done that too.
I'm sure he will work his way to killing penalties just think first year why out that on him. His reach and boxing out ability will help. I hope they have him working on hand eye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad