Post-Game Talk: So... What is actually wrong with McDrai? *or Cloned's reverse jinx thread*

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Right? Hall. Pronger. The list goes on and on.

We've lost so many trades so hard it's stupid. And like... Literally we traded Gretzky.

Actually, the Eberle - Strome trade was not so bad after all. Eberle starting to decline, while Strome start to find his nische in the league, cheaper, and important younger. The pure idiotic thing is when the the man we all want to forget traded away Strome to buy a low chance lotteryticket.

Reactions: PinSeeker

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
You misspelled Benning. FTFY.

Bear is a player displaying some very high intelligence in all areas off the ice. As an aside, have to say that Nurse's IQ in the offensive zone right now is incredibly high too; making so many smart plays that lead to high danger chances.
I was going to say any of the Oilers other defensemen but as I started typing it I had flashbacks to Nurse in the playoffs against Anaheim. In any event, I thought that play stood out and needed to be commended.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Nyuk Nyuk.

Nope I still rank it worse than Hall and Pronger.

It was the biggest value diffrence of the three. But its hard to blind the Prongertrade, when Pronger meant that much to the franchisel The Hall trade was not that bad, Edmonton got the missing piece for playoff, while Halls new team did not. They should just got more assets involved in the trade (a prospect or two top 60 draftpicks).

The Strome for Spooner trade was pure panic. The value dropped to bottom after his first shift, while Strome played great for Rangers. Good for Stromer, he seems happier there.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Just thought this was funny from last night.
yic0Lfw.jpg

Ovi chilling on his own, seconds before scoring on the PP.

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
There was a play midway through the first period when Kris Russell had the puck in the neutral zone, tried to flip it high into the corner and it went directly out of play. He didn't get a minor penalty for that, and none of the Caps players were complaining. How come? I thought that was a minor for sure.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
People put waaaaay too much stock on a two game stretch whether good or bad on Canadian markets. It’s not the NFL where two games is 1/8th of your season. 2 games in the nfl is worth roughly ten games in the nhl in regular season importance.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There was a play midway through the first period when Kris Russell had the puck in the neutral zone, tried to flip it high into the corner and it went directly out of play. He didn't get a minor penalty for that, and none of the Caps players were complaining. How come? I thought that was a minor for sure.
Think you have to be inside your own blueline.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Gagner is just a smart player. Its too bad hes as slow as he is but he knows where he has to go to score. As good as Sheahan and Khaira have been at points of protecting the puck, they just grind it along the boards, but are never able to get the puck towards the net. They have created basically nothing in terms of scoring chances.

And speed isn't that Khaira-Sheahan duo's style anyways.
The thing missing off that line is definitely smarts. Gagner would fit there, and Archibald would fit in on a speed line.
Scoring chances don't have to be a premium on the bottom 6, but they are literally non-existent and that won't hold up over 82 games.
Gagner belongs.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

It's only a penalty in your own defending zone. Since it was in the neutral zone it isn't a penalty.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Yup and that is exactly what we have been begging for. If Bear keeps this up then that is actually huge for this D core going forward. I'm of the opinion that Bouchard and Broberg are both going to be really solid NHLers, which means that the Oilers would only need to hit on one of Samorukov, Jones, Persson, or Lagesson to fill out the final spot. In fact, I think this summer they should be looking at trading one of Larsson, Russell, or Benning if Bear and Persson show they can keep it up.
How about all of Benning, Russell and Larsson

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Area passes are a pass to open ice that a player could skate in to, rather than a tape to tape pass. Think banking it off the boards behind an opposing defender on the breakout, where the soft side forward skates in behind to scoop up the puck.
Makes total sense, must be when I'm seeing a pass get air and I hear area

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Just thought this was funny from last night.
yic0Lfw.jpg

Ovi chilling on his own, seconds before scoring on the PP.

Of all the players on the Caps the boys decided it was okay to leave Ovi this wide open.
Stunningly stupid.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Call me crazy but splitting the centers and scrambling the wingers to get some time with real nhlers is what I think might help jump start those that are not scoring.

You obviously don't do that until we start losing but as everyone has noted our current situation is unsustainable.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Of all the players on the Caps the boys decided it was okay to leave Ovi this wide open.
Stunningly stupid.
It's really been an ongoing issue for teams playing WSH for quite some time. Seems like the plan is to plug up as much of the lanes so Ovi doesn't get a clean pass to one-timer.

The other problem is their PP has so many options. Cover Ovi and leave Carlsson open?

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Amazing win. McDrai doing McDrai things and really took over in the 3rd period against an elite NHL team.
I am really worried with the minutes that they are playing though. McDavid at 27 minutes and Draisaitl at 26 minutes. We’re going to run these two into the ground if we don’t bring in some help. Honestly, at this stage I would be game to bring in Taylor Hall as he could spot in on that 2nd line and take a lot of those minutes from McDrai. Also recall Yamamoto

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Hall-RNH-Neal
Gagner-Sheahan-Yamamoto
Chiasson-Granlund-Archibald

I can't even spell his name, but the only other forward, besides McDrai, that is in the top 50 average ice time is that Jhonny Depp look a like on the Rangers. Zabinjahdhs

The other 47 players int he top 50 are Dmen lol

Reactions: McDrai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad