Post-Game Talk: So... What is actually wrong with McDrai? *or Cloned's reverse jinx thread*

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not the poster @McDrai ;)

I don't think it's fatigue - we're 10 games in.

I will say that I think McDavid looks like someone who knows his greatest asset has been somewhat neutralized, so he's kind of trying to find another way to play his game, but the confidence obviously isn't there yet.

Drai looks like he's completely lethargic though, and he doesn't have an injury excuse.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
To be fair Draisaitl had been averaging 25+ min. per 60.. but he is also a professional athlete not even 10 games into the season and it already looks like he's gassed / phoning it in? Not a great look.

McDavid, in spite of the torrid pace, looks off. His pass selection and execution, decision making at times, just doesn't seem to be calibrated properly. He is the best player in the world when he is on but the adulation needs to end. There are some pretty ugly moments where he's just given it away the last 3-4 games and he is not, nor should he be, immune to criticism.

They looked pretty satisfied with themselves on the bench when they were undefeated. For whatever reason, this wholly unjustified sense of complacency seems to creep in with this team regardless of the player personnel.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Pretty sure its mental. Something is bothering him and he gets going at times. It may just be the team.

@Cloney999

Reactions: Cloned

Oil53

Jun 4, 2018
Playing too cute and predictable.Always the extra pass,which Kassian is starting to do as well.I think separating McD and Draisaitl for a couple of games would reset them both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad