So what happens now?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Rejean Houle says: Challenge Accepted.

:laugh:
For some reason that whole episode flashed before my eyes in the last game against Dallas.
Only Condon was the principle actor along with MT who had his glare going at that point.
I couldn't find a replacement for Corey however...
I could only find babes behind our bench with big tats. :naughty:

pl4tinum

Feb 21, 2012
Ideally, you go back to what we were rolling during the win streak.

Unfortunately, you can't because of injuries (Gallagher, DSP) and cuts (Semin). So then I would think that if you're having trouble scoring it's because you have your talent spread too thin across the lines.

So go with something like this:

Pacioretty | Galchenyuk | Andrighetto
Eller | Plekanec | Mitchell
Fleischmann | Desharnais | Weise
Byron | Flynn | Carr

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Ideally, you go back to what we were rolling during the win streak.

Unfortunately, you can't because of injuries (Gallagher, DSP) and cuts (Semin). So then I would think that if you're having trouble scoring it's because you have your talent spread too thin across the lines.

So go with something like this:

Pacioretty | Galchenyuk | Andrighetto
Eller | Plekanec | Mitchell
Fleischmann | Desharnais | Weise
Byron | Flynn | Carr

What would make sense imo is

Patch-Plekanec-Carr
Eller-AG-Ghetto
Margarin-DD-Weise
MacCarron-Mitchel-Flynn/Byron

Carr is the only one who can replace Gallagher style of play. No he is not Gallagher but he is a little bit playing like him. Ghetto can replace Semin. Different style but 2 skilled not too much physical guys. MacCarron can replace DSP. Not saying those are as good as the guy they replace but they play a similar game or sort of.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
o-MICHEL-THERRIEN-facebook.jpg

Wait till Carey gets better is my plan.

yeah keep on waiting till we are out of the playoffs,

here is my 2 cent opinion,

i think CP is done for the year, they are just not letting it out to the public yet, it was 2 weeks, then it was 6 weeks, blah blah,

it doesn't take that long to heal from a minor injury,

they are using this time to see if they can get by with the current backups or if they need to make a trade for a goalie,

you can not tell the league CP is gone for the year if you are needing to trade for a goalie or everybody will hold your head over a barrell and burn you in a trade,

on another note,

MT has to go,

we lose to SJ and LA, then toronto SMOKES LA and takes SJ to overtime, this is a 100% perfect indication of POOR COACHING vs GREAT COACHING!

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
I think this team has peaked in current composition. I do enjoy watching and following the team despite and we have optimism we haven't had in 20 years. We have some good stud players like Price, PK, MaxPac and good young players like Gally, Chucky, Beaulieu. Guys like Plek, DD and Weise are being asked to play constantly above their level.

We need to change the configuration of the team. We will win with Price leading us. We just need better top level offensive ability. Maybe MT is part of the problem and maybe he has taken us so far. But we should look at consolidating our good players and prospects to acquire a top 3 forward. I look at Buffalo going for broke to acquire O'Reilly. Sure, a high price, but with Eichel now they have a buildable offensive core.

I think if you look at Price, MaxPac, Chucky, Gally, PK and Beaulieu as core, then everybody else should available to acquire someone. Maybe it's rolling the dice for Johansen or renting Stamkos. I know we all are attached to our players and prospects, but looking at Dallas, Chicago, LA, their offensive ability far exceeds ours.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We can't use other games as a guage.
Teams will show up for some games and not for others.
I would suggest both those teams took us seriously and the Leafs not so much.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I said it last season and I'll repeat it.
MT is not a Stanley Cup Champion coach.
He is a mid level coach that is great at rebuilds and redesigns, but after the team gets set and the players have shown their strengths and weaknesses, you need a coach who can take them to the next level.
MT can't leave lineups alone long enough for chemistry to build, he has an itchy trigger finger when it comes to lineup changes, he isn't offensively minded enough, he doesn't give the youth enough chance to succeed, and he is plays favourites far to much.
Yes, this team can win with him behind the bench, but it will require the whole team to play the same quality of hockey that Price played last year, plus it will require MB to grow a pair and actually do his job and get a top 6 RW.
So..... Not likely.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
And Chucky playing 14:38 a night is ridiculous. He's +1 too so how bad defensively could be possibly be? Kane plays 21, Seguin 19, Hall 20, Gaudreau 20, etc. I think recently he was the only guy in the top 50 scoring with under 15 mins a night. There's really no excuse. We have DD and Plek as center alternatives. Even MaxPac's minutes are too low. MT is obsessed with overplaying the 3rd and 4th lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad