- 2-7-1 in the last 10 for 5 points out of a possible 20
- 26 goals against, 17 goals for

Player stats during that span :

- Plekanec : 0g 4a
- Pacioretty : 2g 1a
- Subban : 0g 3a
- Galchenyuk : 2g 3a
- Markov : 0g 1a

That's 4 goals and 12 assists for a total of 16 points through 10 matches for our main guys.

What now?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
- 2-7-1 in the last 10 for 5 points out of a possible 20
- 26 goals against, 17 goals for

Player stats during that span :

- Plekanec : 0g 4a
- Pacioretty : 2g 1a
- Subban : 0g 3a
- Galchenyuk : 2g 3a
- Markov : 0g 1a

That's 4 goals and 12 assists for a total of 16 points through 10 matches for our main guys.

What now?
Who cares? It would be troubling if one of those players were named Crosby. Our team is based on Carey Price and the defense around him. We never claimed that we had a 40 goals scorer even, despite having one of the best goal scorer.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The same thing that always happens. Nothing.
The Leafs beat LA 5-0 and we lose to them while getting 45 shots. Then we lose 6-2. But none of that matters. Nothing ever happens, no one ever gets called out.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Jarmo is in his last contract year. don't think Columbus is renewing it. Might be fired soon.

Lars Eller, Nathan Beaulieu and 1st round pick should get us Ryan Johansen.
Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau got Joe Thornton so...

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
How about we start playing Tinner. Not like he can be any worse than what Markov and Gilbert have looked like lately. But alas we are wasting a large young defensement due to MT and his pathetic inflated ego.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jarmo is in his last contract year. don't think Columbus is renewing it. Might be fired soon.

Lars Eller, Nathan Beaulieu and 1st round pick should get us Ryan Johansen.
Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau got Joe Thornton so...

I'd be reticent to trade Nathan Beaulieu with an aging, declining Markov.

I'd switch Beaulieu with Tinordi and add a blue chip prospect in to off-set the value.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
How about we start playing Tinner. Not like he can be any worse than what Markov and Gilbert have looked like lately. But alas we are wasting a large young defensement due to MT and his pathetic inflated ego.

I agree with this.

At this point, MB is not finding a trading partner for Tinordi and Markov/Gilbert have played like they belong in the ECHL. Added to the fact that Tinordi is a previous 1st round pick, it boggles my mind that this kid has not been able to crack the lineup for at least one game. He can't be much worse than Emelin.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I agree with this.

At this point, MB is not finding a trading partner for Tinordi and Markov/Gilbert have played like they belong in the ECHL. Added to the fact that Tinordi is a previous 1st round pick, it boggles my mind that this kid has not been able to crack the lineup for at least one game. He can't be much worse than Emelin.

It is obvious that MT has zero confidence in Tinordi and Pateryn since Greg had that brutal turnover in Detroit.
Habs are is total free fall and may be in 8th place fighting for a spot very soon. Amazing to think this would happen after the amazing start they had.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
d

At this juncture I would be open to letting Tinordi play a few games.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I'd be reticent to trade Nathan Beaulieu with an aging, declining Markov.

I'd switch Beaulieu with Tinordi and add a blue chip prospect in to off-set the value.

Tinordi has no trade value, never the less can't crack top 6. What makes you think Columbus wants him? If I was CLB I would ask for Beaulieu, McCarron and 1st.

durojean

May 29, 2007
You fo that line up and wait til we win more

Pac Plek Andrighetto
Eller Galchenyuk Carr
Fleishmann Desharnais Weise
Flynn Mitchell Byron

Markov Subban
Petry Emelin
Beaulieu Gilbert

Condon
Tokarski

I'd rather Holloway than Carr but i think it's the best line up we have for the moment.

We played pretty well in our bad stretch... We could have won a lot of those games...

When the players come back it's gonna get better.

I think the big mistake Therrien made is that he panicked where he shouldn't have and it had a ripple effect on the team.

Habs are a good team but they lost their heart (gallagher) and soul (price). Of course it's going to be harder to win.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Tinordi is not going to help our team. With the high end players that are supposedly available for trade MB needs to make a move. I would be very hesitant about moving Beaulieu however especially considering the way Markov has looked recently.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Which player was it who said that this team was all Price earlier in the year? And we here gave him a hard time for it, I feel bad for doing so now.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
o-MICHEL-THERRIEN-facebook.jpg

Wait till Carey gets better is my plan.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Unless this losing streak continues for another 10 games (unlikely), I don't think anything will happen. They'll just tough it out until Price and Gallagher come back.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Now we play the waiting game. When will bergevin and Therrien be held accountable?

Never. These guys are media darlings and they're protected. Anyone who dares call them out on twitter or on call-in shows gets berated and ridiculed. These guys are here until the owner decides it, and he's got too many of their cheerleaders making these decisions for him anyway.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Which player was it who said that this team was all Price earlier in the year? And we here gave him a hard time for it, I feel bad for doing so now.

It's not that the team is all Price.

The thing that is pretty obvious is that the guys were playing for Price. Not Therrien.

Bergevin seems to be fine, IMO. I think the guys like him. But Therrien? Forget it. They don't like him anymore and they don't want to play for him. Too many dumb moves, too many juggling. And him playing favorites is starting to take a toll.

We know this team can be good. We all saw it earlier this year when Therrien was actually managing his lines properly.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'm pretty shocked at where the Habs are right now.

Nashville, Minnesota, Washington, Tampa Bay and Florida are the next 5 games on the road......that road trip could become a nightmare and could put the Habs out of a PO spot.

The Habs have tried about every prospect in St-John but none worked out for MT.
Normally i would say it's probably a trade first but i really think Therrien rubbed a couple of Vets the wrong way lately, that's never a good a thing in the long run.

tresHabs

Oct 22, 2015
Has Kassian played a game with the Ice Caps yet? How has he looked and how much longer before he is NHL ready again?
We could use some bigger bodies out there to help control the play and bring some confidence to the locker room.
DSP hasn't played a game it what seems like forever. When is he set to return?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad