Line Combos: So...What Are The Lines Gonna Be?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
for the record, I wasn't arguing whether or not the Krejci line is the first line. I was arguing that Kelly/Yeti/Loui line being in white today does not indicate that they are the "first line".

member 96824

for the record, I wasn't arguing whether or not the Krejci line is the first line. I was arguing that Kelly/Yeti/Loui line being in white today does not indicate that they are the "first line".

Absolutely...it just morphed like that. Not your doing :laugh:

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Between Lucic's injury recovery and the overall uncertainty of the first line right now, I won't be surprised if our 2nd line becomes our 1st line for the first part of the season anyway.

Marchand and Bergeron look to be far and away the greatest offensive threats on the team.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I'm just trying to help people sound better. They sound incredibly stupid clamoring for a guy and then not even spelling his name right.

THIS TEAM NEEDS TO KEEP BOBBY ROBBINS DAMMIT. THEY'RE TOO SOFT WITHOUT ROBBINS! THIS TEAM NEEDS MORE BOBBY ROBBINS!! ROBBINS. ROBBINS. ROBBINS!!!

I mean seriously? How dumb is that? If you really knew who the guy was before this year, you'd know how he spells his name, ffs... :laugh:

Messrs. Soderburg and Erikkson would like a word with you (and yes, it's more often than not, or at least as often as not been the people praising/defending them that have spelled their names like that) :laugh:

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Opening night
Marchand Bergy Smith
Lucic Soderberg Eriksson
Paille Spooner Fraser
Kelly Cunningham Robbins
X-Ferlin
Chara-Hamilton
Bart-Sides
Krug-McQuaid
X-Miller

Rask - Svedberg
X-Subban

Healthy what about this

Marchand Bergeron Smith-----Go to top line
Spooner Krejci Fraser-------Krejci gets a sniper and a speed/crafty wings
Lucic Soderberg Eriksson----- lots of size plus the swedes chemistry
Paille Kelly Campbell------- perfect 4th line
Chara Miller------We use Chara to develop Miller
Sides Hamilton------ there great together
Krug McQuaid------ as expected

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Looks like

Lucic-spooner-fraser
Marchand-bergeron-smith
Kelly-soderberg-eriksson
Paille-cunningham-robins

Chara-hamilton
Bartkowski-seidenberg
Krug-mcquaid

Rask

To open things up. My prediction on the 1st was pretty accurate besides the injury replacements and trade of johnny I got everything but Eriksson and smith switched around.

I'm basing my new prediction off of the line combos in practice (for the forwards anyway).

Who says Fraser isn't a top line forward on this team? Haha

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
had a thought on a possible top 6 combo if Loui can't get it going with the Krejci line

what about:
Lucic-Krejci-Marchand
Loui-Bergy-Smith

I know it's crazy to suggest splitting up Bergeron and Marchand, but I think Marchy's east-west game could work well with the Krejci and Looch. Meanwhile Loui/Bergy/Smith were playing pretty well last year before Loui's 2nd concussion (this was while Marchand was in the doghouse on the 3rd line).

It's not ideal, but I hope this is an option Clode considers if necessary.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Is this the right place to say how much I hate that Lucic/Krejci and Bergeron/Marchand are basically set in stone and nothing can change that besides injury?

This is not a new issue for me if that matters.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Is this the right place to say how much I hate that Lucic/Krejci and Bergeron/Marchand are basically set in stone and nothing can change that besides injury?

It's good to have chemistry, it goes a little far sometimes yes.

I posted my lines I wanted a couple posts up, I want Lucic with Soderberg.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I'm just trying to help people sound better. They sound incredibly stupid clamoring for a guy and then not even spelling his name right.

THIS TEAM NEEDS TO KEEP BOBBY ROBBINS DAMMIT. THEY'RE TOO SOFT WITHOUT ROBBINS! THIS TEAM NEEDS MORE BOBBY ROBBINS!! ROBBINS. ROBBINS. ROBBINS!!!

I mean seriously? How dumb is that? If you really knew who the guy was before this year, you'd know how he spells his name, ffs... :laugh:

Dude, there are still people on here TO THIS DAY write Krecji and Sequin. You really expect them to get Robins right??? :laugh:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Kinda with you Mike and I had the same thought today. I get it and its not like those groups don't work eell together, but how do we know other groups might not work better? I hope CJ is a little less rigid with these pairs this year because I think the other guys are gonna struggle and be juggled all year.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I just never understand why, during a bad streak in the middle of the season, it wouldn't be a good thing just to experiment with.

Anyone that has watch the Kings in the playoffs know that Sutter is absolutely willing to juggle his lines, and it just adds an extra element to use/make the other team prepare for.

I mean, couldn't you see the value in having Marchand and Lucic on a line toegther?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I just never understand why, during a bad streak in the middle of the season, it wouldn't be a good thing just to experiment with.

Anyone that has watch the Kings in the playoffs know that Sutter is absolutely willing to juggle his lines, and it just adds an extra element to use/make the other team prepare for.

I mean, couldn't you see the value in having Marchand and Lucic on a line toegther?

I'm 100% with you. For example, it is ridiculous that we had Jarome Iginla for a whole season and he never played any significant time on Bergeron's wing. hell, Iginla already played on 2 different lines with the Avs in this preseason. I also find it infuriating that Julien never gave Loui a real look on the Krejci line last year outside of a couple of games. I mean why not use the regular season to see what works so that you're not forcing guys into totally uncomfortable position when someone gets hurt in the playoffs?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I have no clue right now about what the lines will be...

But I am envisioning (in my mind) something like:

Lucic - Krejci - Gagne
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Fraser - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Kelly - Robins

Is that about right for who actually plays? Who else is there? I know there is Campbell who won't be ready to start the year and Pastrnak who will be heading back to Sweden...and Spooner might be around a lot.

I guess Florek, Griffith and Cunningham can be called up at anytime...

Reason I put Gagne on the 1st line is he is a scorer and reminds me a bit of Horton at times with his size and skills.

Can flip Fraser and Paille depending on needs...as well as Eriksson and Gagne.

What I don't see in this set of forwards is anything "DYNAMIC" - the kinds of skills Spooner and Pastrnak "could" bring. Might need to make a trade for a winger with this kind of skill, but more experience. Maybe Khoko is the answer? Anyone have an opinion on how he has looked?

Assuming the Bs might start the year with 11 forwards and 7 d...might Krug play forward in game 1? Will Krug see any more games at forward?

Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Spooner - Soderberg - Fraser
Paille - Kelly - Robins

Gagne will be slotted in for Fraser after more conditioning.

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
Wanna see this...

Lucic-Krejci-Smith
Marchand-Bergeron-Fraser
Spooner-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Kelly-Campbell
Robbins

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Miller
Krug-Mcquaid
Bartkowski

David Krejci*

We're screwed. Way to waste yet another year in a dwindling Cup window. ****ing garbage.

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
Just a thought because Seids is better playing on the left side and I think him with Miller would be a solid 2nd shut down pair, Bart is the better skater and puck mover but Miller is the better defender so we'll see what happens!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad