Line Combos: so is Ginette Reno a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

What is more ignorant is to think everyone should know these ppl.

My cousin is a leading cardiologist in a Montreal hospital and has not heard of them. I guess that means he's a shmuck lol

Not everyone.

Just the people living in this very land. You know, your neighbours.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Anyone who ignores the local culture he's in be it music, art, movies or literature is missing out on some great talent and depriving himself the chance to learn and grow. It's sad to see so many narrow minded people.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
I am an Anglo living in Quebec and know about pretty much all these Quebec stars. It's a question of exposure and the neighborhood where one grew up. I grew up with a lot of "Quebecois pur laine" or old stock Quebecers so that helped me out a lot & also in our house we watched English and French tv equally.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Was told yesterday that Reno apparently went on Johnny Carson years ago. And that he loved her voice... Unfortunately couldn't find a youtube link.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I am an Anglo living in Quebec and know about pretty much all these Quebec stars. It's a question of exposure and the neighborhood where one grew up. I grew up with a lot of "Quebecois pur laine" or old stock Quebecers so that helped me out a lot & also in our house we watched English and French tv equally.

Well that makes sense. The closest pur laine to where I live is the zamboni driver at my local arena.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
check the top watched tv shows in Quebec-not one american tv show-that shoes difference between anglo-canadians and French speaking Quebecors.Even Quebec made movies are in top 10 of weekly ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad