WJC: So, I get to broadcast a pre-tournament World Junior game tomorrow night

hmpf

Aug 20, 2008
Thanks for the entertaining broadcast!

You pronounced most of the (at least Austrian) names correct. Even Unterganschnigg was nearly perfect. :)

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
RS, you guys did an excellent job calling the game. Didn't mangle any names too much either (unless I want to get really picky). Too bad Latvia didn't capitalize on all those chances in the first. Either way it was an exciting game to listen to. Thanks.

BTW, which ever one of you broadcasters mentioned not knowing about Indrasis from some newspaper article, you would have been better off reading my roster preview on here, where I pointed him out :)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
RS, you guys did an excellent job calling the game. Didn't mangle any names too much either (unless I want to get really picky). Too bad Latvia didn't capitalize on all those chances in the first. Either way it was an exciting game to listen to. Thanks.

BTW, which ever one of you broadcasters mentioned not knowing about Indrasis from some newspaper article, you would have been better off reading my roster preview on here, where I pointed him out :)

Haha, yeah that was the PBP guy. Indrasis was a beast. Clearly the best player on the ice. I loved how after one of his goals he 'raised the roof' to get the fans on there feet, just awesome.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, the game was great to broadcast. It was an entertaining game too which made it much easier to do a good job.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
Congrats...I wasn't able to listen unfortunatly.

Are you going to be doing any other games? Keep us in the loop!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad